LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LUXLIFER
25,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some 13X7's on a '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, and the rims don't fit unless I grind down the outside part of the brakes. I don't really like doing that. Is there a rim brand that works out better? I don't want to put 14's, I like the way Lac's look with 13's. Any feedback would be appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
yes you do grind the pins down. Get some black spray paint, paint the caliper. Put the wheel on and wiggle left to right. This will mark the caliper where you need to grind. Grind, spray, grind, spray over and over again it does take a long time, but this way your not grinding parts that don't need to be grinded. I know it might sound like it will scratch your wheel, but it won't. You don't need to push on the wheel hard for it to mark it. It basicaly just whips the paint off.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I think this way on Cadillacs...

1990-1992 Fleetwood Broughams 13x7's

1993-1996 Fleetwood Broughams 14x7's

Just because the 2nd one is a larger body and looks nice...

I know a guy that has 14's on this 94' and it look very nice, still sits very low... He had the axle shortend 1in on each side too... This is what i am doing on both of my Fleetwoods (90-92)...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I agree 14x7 look better on the big body. I've had both i started with 13x7. When i got my hydros put in it was so much stress on those small wheels the spokes all came loose and some actually broke in half. Then i went with 14x6 which gave me more clearance in the rear and it rides a hell of alot better on 14's and no busted up wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts