LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first i have to admit im kinda new at this lowrider stuff... I got a 65 Impala with 15' stock rims w/tires, i want to replace the rims with 13' spoke w/155's tires. can i do that WITHOUT a hydraulic system or airbags?-->just stock suspension. I guess what im really asking is how close will the frame of the car be to the ground. I will be getting a hydraulic system soon, not sure which yet, but the 13's are rolling in first...

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
i have an 83 Coupe DeVille that sits on 13's with a stock suspension. Granted, its not the same car, but the original wheels for the car are 15's. The only thing i gotta be careful about is speed bumps, if i go slow, i'm okay. same goes for pullin in and out of driveways that have curbs.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by ELF@Jan 1 2004, 11:39 PM
Ok first i have to admit im kinda new at this lowrider stuff... I got a 65 Impala with 15' stock rims w/tires, i want to replace the rims with 13' spoke w/155's tires. can i do that WITHOUT a hydraulic system or airbags?-->just stock suspension. I guess what im really asking is how close will the frame of the car be to the ground. I will be getting a hydraulic system soon, not sure which yet, but the 13's are rolling in first...
since your ride had 15" as it's stock sized rims, the 13's will fit fine. You will have all the room in the world, especially your seing the stock suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts