LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well to correct it i dont know but haveing the 13's will probably throw your spedometor off by like 5 mph or some shit like that

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
When I changed my tire to as smaller size, I noticed my car was waaaaaaaaay off. I mean old ladies with were passing me on skates... and I got a pretty hefty 350.

·
\m/ WTF? FTW! \m/
13,648 Posts
This is lowriding not the indy 500, fuck a speedometer.

·
\m/ WTF? FTW! \m/
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by PCLoLo+Jun 26 2003, 09:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PCLoLo @ Jun 26 2003, 09:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--WaitingForTheSun@Jun 26 2003, 06:18 AM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: you a wild boy![/b][/quote]
I AM A REGULAR HANDFUL, COME KICK IT SOMETIME, YOU WILL SEE.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i got 13's and i put a new speedo cable in. i had a gear adapter cable befor and replaced it with a regular one. now it reads normal :biggrin:

·
Registered
38 Posts
All you need to do is find a shop that does speedometer calibration.
In my town it is about $100 to get it done. If you can't find a shop go to or call a taxi cab company they should know where to get it done.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Originally posted by WaitingForTheSun@Jun 26 2003, 06:18 AM
amen :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Originally posted by nyfreakinrican7@Sep 2 2003, 07:31 PM
All you need to do is find a shop that does speedometer calibration.
In my town it is about $100 to get it done. If you can't find a shop go to or call a taxi cab company they should know where to get it done.
best idea so far!
:biggrin:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
in my regal with 13's it threw it off about 5mph maybe more..i thought it was about 5mph but at higher speeds i think it might be more..one day i got pulled over and the cop said i as doing 47 in the 55 and remember i was doing 55-58 on my gauge..so i dunno..but yea its about 5 mph difference..in traffic school the cop told me most of the time they give u 10mph on the speed limit before they ticket..sooooo....don't trip ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Originally posted by capone530@Sep 3 2003, 12:44 AM~1026529
in my regal with 13's it threw it off about 5mph maybe more..i thought it was about 5mph but at higher speeds i think it might be more..one day i got pulled over and the cop said i as doing 47 in the 55 and remember i was doing 55-58 on my gauge..so i dunno..but yea its about 5 mph difference..in traffic school the cop told me most of the time they give u 10mph on the speed limit before they ticket..sooooo....don't trip  ;)
So what exactly did you get pulled over for?? lol

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Originally posted by Payasomm@Sep 7 2003, 03:46 PM~1039108
When I changed rims and tires my speedometer had a difference of 15 m.p.h.  I went from a 15" to 14" and smaller tire.  I just got used to it and keep up with other drivers.  No big deal
yeah that's what i do just go as fast as the other cars its not that complicated

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
welcome to the NFL kid......thats the way it is and the way its always gonna be. dont fight it...learn to live with it. whats next?? ''my car with 4 pumps and 14 batteries is getting shitty gas mileage compared to when it was stock''

1 - 20 of 28 Posts