LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have not started installing my shit yet but i just got 3 pro hopper pro x pumps and i want to do a three wheel now some people i have asked said the was possible without a chains if i had 14's but i have aslo heard some people say 14''s were to big to fit especially with my 6x9's so my question is will they fit and if so will i be able to three without chains o will i need to extend my trailing arms or driveshaft ? thanks

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
yes you will need chains to 3...........also 14's should be find as long as you use of 2 &1/2 ton pre cut coils on the rear,,, if you use a shorter stack you will have to relocate the 6x9's to the center of the deck lid or go with 12's :biggrin:

i have 12's

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by BLACK MAGIC CUTTY@Aug 1 2005, 06:06 PM
yes you will need chains to 3...........also 14's should be find as long as you use of 2 &1/2 ton pre cut coils on the rear,,, if you use a shorter stack you will have to relocate the 6x9's to the center of the deck lid or go with 12's :biggrin:

i have 12's
[snapback]3519965[/snapback]​
can you drive with it lock up that high? did you extend your trailing arms or anything?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
my cylinders smashed the shit outta my 6x9's :angry: just make sure you have a decent amount of coil in the rear and you'll be fine

·
Registered
640 Posts
BMCutty,

Do you have a picture of it dumped with that much coil in the rear?

:uh: And where did you get those trick trailing arms again?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Originally posted by 7monte8@Aug 1 2005, 05:20 PM
but if you have a decent amount of coil ,will it not lay low?
[snapback]3523632[/snapback]​
mine honestly doesnt sit that low and it still smashed the 6x9's, i'd like it to sit lower so im just gonna fuck the rear deck speakers and probably get some kick panels

·
KTownSwangin
8,664 Posts
Originally posted by 82 REGAL@Aug 1 2005, 06:30 PM
My Regal with (4) 6x9's in the rear deck that lays and locks all the way up with 14's about to throw in some 16's :biggrin:
[snapback]3523949[/snapback]​
Looks like you have a 1 inch peice of mdf on top of your rear deck or somthing to space them up,are your cylinders close atall?

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Originally posted by stlboy002@Aug 1 2005, 04:31 AM
OK i have not started installing my shit yet but i just got 3 pro hopper pro x pumps and i want to do a three wheel now some people i have asked said the was possible without a chains if i had 14's but i have aslo heard some people say 14''s were to big to fit especially with my 6x9's so my question is will they fit and if so will i be able to three without chains o will i need to extend my trailing arms or driveshaft ? thanks
[snapback]3519046[/snapback]​
None of these cars have chains.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts

I dont consider this to be layed low !???? I'm going to be really dissapointed if thats all they drop down to !

·
Registered
640 Posts
:uh: When you lift the rear end the axle will arc down and forward a telescopic driveshaft will let the driveshaft collapse into itself rather than bind and force it through your tranny...

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm trying to set up the rear suspension on my cutlass and i would appreciate some help.

I was told to drop the upper mounts, which i dropped 6.25 inches from center hole to center hole. i have stock upper and lower arms, c bridge, 10inches of coil, 18in cylinders. Ever since i dropped the arms the axel points to far up at all times and its not drivable. i was told to also extend the top arm two inches but if i did that, it would make the axel point even more up. what did i do wrong?

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Originally posted by Hoppin Poop@Aug 4 2005, 02:46 PM~3541538
I'm trying to set up the rear suspension on my cutlass and i would appreciate some help.

I was told to drop the upper mounts, which i dropped 6.25 inches from center hole to center hole. i have stock upper and lower arms, c bridge, 10inches of coil, 18in cylinders. Ever since i dropped the arms the axel points to far up at all times and its not drivable.  i was told to also extend the top arm two inches but if i did that, it would make the axel point even more up.  what did i do wrong?
6.5 inches is too much. 3 inches works alot better.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts