LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was talking with Final Fantasy LA about what would fit on my caddy, he said the 14x7's would fit. i asked if i needed x6's on the back, and he said NO. now a cat on my buildup thread is telling me they wont fit. Ive never had spokes before. ive always had 20's and bigger....so im new to the lowrider world. anyways, now i have a set of 14x7's that i bought off Final Fantasy LA and he wont PM me back to let me know if they will fit, or if i can send 2 of them back to get 2- x6's. so my question is:

a. will they fit
and
B. if they WONT fit, how do i MAKE them fit?

how bad will they rub? can i shave a little off the inside of my wheel well or is a matter of the wheel well siting on the tire?

sorry if this has been posted before, but communication with Final Fantasy LA was good when i was lookin for wheels, but after i paid, it was little to none. any help would be appriciated.

and if Final Fantasy LA is in the hospital, or death in the family or something like that, i can understand why hes not hittin me back, but im a paying customer and my money is still green....so i think he owes it to his costumers to respond to questions concerning items purchased thru his store. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
theres a possibility that it might touch when sitting low... i could have the same probs with 14' on my 81 paris... but i have seen 13's on an 84 and they look nice and no prob with touch wheel barrel... you can set them up and see for yourself but i would say the only prob would be riding low with 14's.. depends also how low your going

·
Man on a mission
54,031 Posts
THERE GONNA RUB IF THERE CHINAS FOR SURE ....GET 14X6 FOR THE BACK ............TRUST ME

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by D-Cheeze@Sep 24 2007, 09:38 AM~8858567
THERE GONNA RUB IF THERE CHINAS FOR SURE ....GET 14X6 FOR THE BACK ............TRUST ME

i ordered them from Final Fantasy and he hasnt returned my PM's. he said they would fit, now i cant get ahold of him to try and swap them out. SHIT!!! :angry:

is there any way to grind the inside of the wheel well down a little? or is it gonna rub ALOT?
thanks for the replies fellas....just wish i could get one frm the guy who sold them to me. :(

·
Man on a mission
54,031 Posts
Originally posted by Fahm Joiner@Sep 24 2007, 09:31 AM~8858855
i ordered them from Final Fantasy and he hasnt returned my PM's.  he said they would fit, now i cant get ahold of him to try and swap them out.  SHIT!!! :angry:

is there any way to grind the inside of the wheel well down a little?  or is it gonna rub ALOT?
thanks for the replies fellas....just wish i could get one frm the guy who sold them to me. :(
NO PROBLEMO ON THE HELP ...... :cool:

·
Registered
7,897 Posts
Originally posted by Fahm Joiner@Sep 24 2007, 10:31 AM~8858855
i ordered them from Final Fantasy and he hasnt returned my PM's.  he said they would fit, now i cant get ahold of him to try and swap them out.  SHIT!!! :angry:

is there any way to grind the inside of the wheel well down a little?  or is it gonna rub ALOT?
MAYBE CAUSE I HAVN'T BEEN ON LAYITLOW TILL NOW THE BEST WAY TO REACH ME IS TO CALL THE SHOP 909-628-3690 OR MY CELL 951-543-0435 AND NO I HAVN'T BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL JUST BEEN WORKING HERE AT THE SHOP WHEN IM BUSY HERE AT THE SHOP YOU PEOPLE SHOULD CALL CAUSE IM NOT ALWAYS ON THE COMPUTER TO READ ALL THIS SHIT .... OH AND YES THEY SHOULD FIT :angry:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Albert, like i said in the PM...i TRIED callin several times bro.

TruDawg.....no , its not lifted. its stock suspension.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by TRUDAWG@Sep 24 2007, 01:30 PM~8860046
yea I would think that they should fit, with the smallest 14" tire  that you can find. Personally I would have went w/ 13's though. Is it lifted?

and i heard 13's give a sloppyt ride????? i personally think 13's look better, but this is a daily, so i went with 14's.

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
i wouldnt start freaking out too bad till you try it bro..i rolled 14's on my 82 coupe..no rub..but i trimmed the inner fender

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
well if it aint juiced than 14x7 should be fine

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
Originally posted by abas_abas@Sep 24 2007, 07:08 PM~8861960
well if it aint juiced than 14x7 should be fine
mind was juiced..it layed out nice...trim and no rub.

·
Man on a mission
54,031 Posts
I HAVE FITTED AT LEAST 30 78-91 COUPES AND SEDANS ...AND AFTER THE 5TH CAR THAT RUBBED I HAD EVERYONE ELSE RUN 14X6 WITH NO PROBLEMS ......I WAS NOT SAYING IT COULD NOT BE DONE ( CAUSE WITH DAYTONS IT CAN WITH 14X7 ) BUT WITH CHINAS EVEN WITH 175/75-14 OR 175/70-14 IT WILL RUB ON THE PASSENGER SIDE FOR SURE ....TRIMMING HELPS BUT IS NOT ALWAYS THE FIX ..

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by capriceman75@Sep 26 2007, 05:12 AM~8872311
go with the 175/70-14's and 2 14x6's in the rear or shorten the rear end

:dunno:
:ugh:
damn, seems drastic when im hearing i can just cut the inner lip. lol

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its stock suspension right now bro...but durning the summer im gonna put a 2 pump kit on it. simple set up, no hoppin, no 3 wheelin. ill just see how it goes. worst case scenario i order 2 14x6's for the rear

1 - 20 of 20 Posts