LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS THINKIN OF PUTTIN 14'z IN THE BACK OF MY 93 FLEETWOOD, BUT I DONT WANT TO RUN COIL OVER, WOULD THEY FIT IF I DO COIL UNDER???, WITH 2-TON PRE CUT COILS IN THE REAR???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by DOUGHBOY 650@Aug 2 2005, 07:27 PM
I WAS THINKIN OF PUTTIN 14'z IN THE BACK OF MY 93 FLEETWOOD, BUT I DONT WANT TO RUN COIL OVER, WOULD THEY FIT IF I DO COIL UNDER???, WITH 2-TON PRE CUT COILS IN THE REAR???
[snapback]3527708[/snapback]​

14"s would hit the rear deck for sure mounted coil under style. You are talking about strokes right?

And spring lenght does not matter as long as they´re mounted coil under.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
If my 14's w/ the coil over come close to hittin then yours will most definately hit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by DOUGHBOY 650@Aug 2 2005, 11:44 AM
IGHT THANKS...WOULD 12'z BE COO WITH COIL UNDER OR DO I STILL HAVE TO DO COIL OVER?
[snapback]3527840[/snapback]​
You might be able to fit some 12's. Just take a ruler and measure from top to bottom. Make sure you take in account for the cylinder fitting also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Aug 2 2005, 11:47 AM
You might be able to fit some 12's.  Just take a ruler and measure from top to bottom.  Make sure you take in account for the cylinder fitting also.
[snapback]3527861[/snapback]​
IGHT THANKS...JUS WONDERIN CUZ I GOT 10'z IN IT NOW, BUT I WANNA LOCK UP HIGHER...LOOKS LIKE ITS 14'z WITH COIL OVER.... :thumbsup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
64,662 Posts
or do what i used to do run a spacer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Aug 2 2005, 11:51 AM
or do what i used to do run a spacer
[snapback]3527890[/snapback]​
That could be a good idea.
Just don't add a bunch of donuts cause you'll probably get some rattling noise when you drive down a shitty street.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Aug 2 2005, 11:56 AM
That could be a good idea.
Just don't add a bunch of donuts cause you'll probably get some rattling noise when you drive down a shitty street.
[snapback]3527911[/snapback]​
SPACERS...NEVER HEARD THAT IDEA BEFORE...WHAT JUST ADD MORE DOUNUTS AND THATS IT?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
64,662 Posts
i put a donut then welded a 1-2" spacer (steeel plumbing pipe connector and then another donut on top and welded em together made the cylinder sit lower but the car didnt lay as much
 

·
GLASSHOUSE RIDER
Joined
·
4,107 Posts
Originally posted by DOUGHBOY 650@Aug 2 2005, 12:58 PM
SPACERS...NEVER HEARD THAT IDEA BEFORE...WHAT JUST ADD MORE DOUNUTS AND THATS IT?
[snapback]3527918[/snapback]​
And have someone weld them, make one thick ass donut. :cool:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top