LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some good 15s that will hit deep and sound good as well as are cheap. im thinking a adire tempest but i dont know anything about it someone fill me in on 15s

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
the higher-class (i.e. the ones that will destroy all competition) include Juggernauts, XXX, Brahma, etc. and even L7s are good from what i've heard. i wouldn't know much as far as a CHEAP 15 that will hit low... i've heard the Kicker 15" L5 is pretty powerful... you should just spend all the money on one good 15 instead of two.

Last edited by Stealth at Nov 30 2003, 05:46 PM

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Originally posted by peter@Nov 30 2003, 06:28 PM
what are some good 15s that will hit deep and sound good as well as are cheap. im thinking a adire tempest but i dont know anything about it someone fill me in on 15s
that will be good if you put them in a nice ported box. Also a kicker comp vr off of ebay.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are you looking for deep bass along with SQ or are you looking for teeth rattling concrete cracking bass? It all depends on what your looking for. If your looking for more of a SQ Bass I would suggest looking at Image Dynamics or Elemental Designs Subs. If you want the SPL bass look at Adire, Resonant Engineering, or Cerwin Vegas Strokers (which are all pretty good SQ wise also).

The problem with just 1 Tempest is its 8ohm dvc so you can wire it to 16 or 4ohms. The tempest is 750watt rms im pretty sure. Its going to be hard to find an amp to power it to its full extent so you can get the boom it actually it has.

I would suggest either getting 2 Tempest or saving up alittle more and getting 1 15 RE XXX or Adire Brahma and slap that in a ported enclosure.

For cheap 15s that are decent but cant hold a candle to anyone of the ones mentioned above you can always try Audiobahn, Rockford, or Alpine Type R's.

-Jp

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it has 4 15 w0 in it but those are too weak i think so i want somethin nice maybe ill just put my brahmas in it but if i buy some more subs i only want around 1000w each at the most

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do the w3 sound

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Stealth@Nov 30 2003, 06:45 PM
the higher-class (i.e. the ones that will destroy all competition) include Juggernauts, XXX, Brahma, etc. and even L7s are good from what i've heard. i wouldn't know much as far as a CHEAP 15 that will hit low... i've heard the Kicker 15" L5 is pretty powerful... you should just spend all the money on one good 15 instead of two.
i need 4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts