LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 81 coupe deville, and i'm wanting to put 16's in the rear. I need some info on this....how well will this work? what all am i getting into with having 16's? Should i go with 14's? I just want that nasty ass standing 3 with 16's. thanks*

·
Registered
271 Posts
i have 16's on my 77 coupe and it is a nasty 3. the only problem is the cylinder might come thru the rear deck a little you might have to move your rear speakers. it all depends on how low your ride sits

·
hydroblood
3,737 Posts
I have a 83 sedan deville and to make full lockup you'll need to, extend your uppers 1-2 inchs and shorten your driveshaft or get a telescopic shaft, and reinforce your axle and frame and still maybe somemore mods to get full lock up. You will not need chains to stand just have your weight in the trunk in the right spots. Hope this helps out a lil

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my driveshaft will be shorten about 1 1/2 inches..
I'm getting my uppers from prohopper...so i can extend them 2 inches or so.
What about my fittings on my cylinders where the hose hooks up..with the 16's bumping threw the deck push on the fittings? thanks to all for posting.*

·
hydroblood
3,737 Posts
well on my 16s i got 6" extenders then the coil(coilover setup with power balls) and it sits high dumped but it kepts the bulk out of the trunk, something to think about

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by cadillac81@Aug 13 2005, 07:51 PM~3612382
does anyone have pics of caddys with 16's in the rear?
This had 16's but he kept bending them, once you get so high the drum hits the frame and if you hit it any more you will bend the cylinder. It also has Pro Hopper adjustables. If you go out even an inch you can't drive it all the way down.

·
Registered
75 Posts
:biggrin:
Originally posted by cadillac81@Aug 11 2005, 09:00 PM~3597630
I've got a 81 coupe deville, and i'm wanting to put 16's in the rear. I need some info on this....how well will this work? what all am i getting into with having 16's? Should i go with 14's? I just want that nasty ass standing 3 with 16's. thanks*
that one cat from eternal rollerz had a gold caddy with 16's in the back he had a bad 3 wheel too.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by cadillac81@Aug 13 2005, 08:14 PM~3612476
nice pic :cool: .....any others out there?
There are no chains on that car either, on the back anyway. 14 batteries are enough to make anything 3 wheel. :biggrin:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah,,,i was thinking about doing 14 batteries and 3 pumps...maybe a four pump..not sure.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by yetti@Aug 13 2005, 08:03 PM~3612433
This had 16's but he kept bending them, once you get so high the drum hits the frame and if you hit it any more you will bend the cylinder. It also has Pro Hopper adjustables. If you go out even an inch you can't drive it all the way down.

i was thinking the back would sit lower when on three than that. How big are the springs in the rear?

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by cadillac81@Aug 13 2005, 08:31 PM~3612540
i was thinking the back would sit lower when on three than that. How big are the springs in the rear?
I think like 4 turns, I did that one almost 3 years ago.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i want a high ass lock-up..and a nasty ass 3 wheel.
i think it can be done with what we are going to do to it.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by cadillac81@Aug 13 2005, 08:48 PM~3612640
so are the lowers stock?
Yes. I dropped the mounts on a different coupe 3 inches and left the stock lenght top trailing arms and it would let 18's go all the way out straight up, you will have to get the driveshaft slipped. Sorry I didn't take any pics of it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts