LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright well i called around i cant get any 175's in whitewalls around here even checked walmart...

now whats the difference between the two? my car aint gunna be lowered for a little bit...

will the 185's look ugly? compared to the 175's like is there much of a difference?

also if my caddy isnt lowered am i gunna have a problem with 14/7?
its a 87 rwd... stock rims are 15/6 with 225 15's...

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
goto a cooper tire dealer, u can get 175/75/14`s in a white wall and dont let them tell u different, ive had a cooper dealer tell me they dont exsist, but they are on my car? lol

and i believe a 14x7 will rub on the rear of a caddy unless u "roll" the inside of the fender up but im not exactly sure, im not a caddy guy

·
KTownSwangin
8,664 Posts
Originally posted by 67impala@Nov 15 2003, 10:23 AM
what about
185/65/14'?
too low of profile go with 175/70's if you cant find those go for185/70's they are common and can be found easily

·
Registered
124 Posts
Go to www.performancetirewholesalers.com they have tire height charts available. example: A 175-70-14 is 23.65 inches tall where as a 185-75-14 is 24.93 inches tall. some tires vary but this is the shit in my mind, good chart! hope I helped.,, peace

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright i got

cooper se2'!

175/75/14 :p

found a place in the city cheapest too mounted and balanced they didnt think they could get the tires cause they arent wide enough but i told em that its what everyones has and its been done lots before...

anyways they had to use this blowgun thing to inflate the tires... cause they wherent wide enough...

but they looks SWEET!
THANKS KEITH! YOU THE BOMB!

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Originally posted by 67impala@Nov 15 2003, 05:08 PM
alright i got

cooper se2'!

175/75/14 :p

found a place in the city cheapest too mounted and balanced they didnt think they could get the tires cause they arent wide enough but i told em that its what everyones has and its been done lots before...

anyways they had to use this blowgun thing to inflate the tires... cause they wherent wide enough...

but they looks SWEET!
THANKS KEITH! YOU THE BOMB!
Good choice, the copper trensetter SE's are good tires and are nice and skinny in 175/75/14

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea man everyone wanted like 400+ for 4 tires mounted and balanced...

i got my coopers for 339...

question i looked at all my rims and they all have wieghts on em except one of em...

did they forget to balance one wheel?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
where'd you get your coopers? i got hankook's for $62 a piece but im gonna get new rims this spring so im gonna need some more tires...

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I know this probably won't make sense to you, but why not get 13's? You can ge them for $299. with tires. Assuming you are talking about spokes.

Then sell your 14's and you don't have a problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Royal Homie@Nov 18 2003, 08:15 PM
i got my coopers for 339...

question i looked at all my rims and they all have wieghts on em except one of em...

did they forget to balance one wheel?

^^^^
[/quote]
usually what occurs when they mt/bal is they spin the wheel first, and mark where it's high. then, mount the tire and spin the tire and wheel, and mark where the tire is high. Then they rotate the tire on the rim to counterbalance the weight of the wheel. So, if the weight is the same as the wheel, then no weights are needed. You may want to request this the next time you buy tires, and they should use your best two rims on the front to give you the best ride. :biggrin: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts