LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've just started to get into the lowrider scene and am looking to come over to the states in a few months and buy a car to ship back to the UK (hopefully a 1968 /1970 Chevy Impala or a 1976 Buick Regal. When I've been looking at photo's of some of the US Lowriders, most run on 13" or 14" rims with Hydraulics, but a couple of them had 17" or 18" rims and Hydraulics. Have the few peopleusing the larger wheels made a big mistake or can you have any size rim you want when using Hydraulics. Also can anyone give advice on my choices of car. are they good to use or not? and if they're not good what is?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by sbarclay@Sep 11 2005, 06:12 PM~3794270
Hi I've just started to get into the lowrider scene and am looking to come over to the states in a few months and buy a car to ship back to the UK (hopefully a 1968 /1970 Chevy Impala or a 1976 Buick Regal. When I've been looking at photo's of some of the US Lowriders, most run on 13" or 14" rims with Hydraulics, but a couple of them had 17" or 18" rims and Hydraulics. Have the few peopleusing the larger wheels made a big mistake or can you have any size rim you want when using Hydraulics. Also can anyone give advice on my choices of car. are they good to use or not? and if they're not good what is?
man i say go with 13's but that is me it's your car it represents you do what you think is right and as far as car i would go with 61-67 impala, cutlass, monte carlo, or regals

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by ogbrkboy@Sep 26 2005, 06:02 PM~3889581
The cars you want can all be nice.  But go with a 13 or 14 inch wire wheel.
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by USMC_DevilDawg@Sep 11 2005, 06:19 PM~3794295
I say build what you want. if you want big rims on it then go ahead. if you want 13's or 14's then go for it. it's your ride, your money, build what YOU think is cool bro ;)
dont listen to this fool, he don't even have a real lowrider :biggrin:

13s or 14s :cool:

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
i'd say go with 13's for a more traditional look, but if you want 18's...its your ride, now one is gonna stop you!!!

but it might be more of a low-rod look than a lowrider look, but hey, low-rods are claen too, if built right, anyways!!!

good luck to you, and just remember, your gonna be driving it, now one else!!!

·
Registered
22,706 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Sep 27 2005, 07:31 AM~3892677
dont listen to this fool, he don't even have a real lowrider :biggrin:
13s or 14s :cool:
BITCH :tears:

my truck will crush your car :0

or rent a car hauler and I could pull it to shows :biggrin:

·
Homie Styln
7,753 Posts
;) 18's on a lo-lo humm :0 , that's cool I guess but then it's not a traditional lowrider... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts