LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever had an 18" sub before? i might be buying a pair of them next week......two kicker comp vr's.............ill be running them off a jbl bp1200. any comments?

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
only for looks dude, you probably don't have the trunk space to make them sound right, or even in the hz range the songs are recorded at.... and they won't be louder either...... 15s would do more justice, infact 1 15 in the properly ported box would give the most boom that I can think of for any one car trunk

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im putting them in a 2001 grand marquis, should be plenty of space, they are in 2 sealed boxes, 4 cubic feet a piece..ill have to see how they sound i guess

·
Registered
379 Posts
those speakers are fuc&^ing awesome I have some and I hit them with 800 watts . They are something else. My box is like 3.95 cubic and is sealed.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet, what kind of car were they in ?

·
Registered
584 Posts
18's and ported don't mix...lol (only my personal opinion). If you have the room, go ported.

I would also look into some other choices (the CompVR's are pretty nice subwoofers, but there are others).

Resonant Engineering XXX
Resonant Engineering HC
Treo Engineering SSX
Treo Engineering SS
Atomic Loudspeakers APX
Atomic Loudspeakers ELE
Adire Maelstrom

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
they might not get "as loud" as 15's, but damn can they get low. my buddy had a pair in a little mazda 626 and his steering wheel would jump like 3"!! He had em' in a 7cubic ft box.

Last edited by 1ofaknd at Dec 6 2003, 04:53 PM

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
im planning 3 15" comp vrs in a sealed box about 3.75 per chamber. opnions?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 15s would work fine im sure.....the reason im looking at the 18s is because im getting a pretty good deal on them used. They are real cheap on ebay too, though...199 for 18, or 177 for a pair of 15s

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
yeah my freind has 2 15s in his neon with about 2.3 cuft ach and 800watts.......holy shit for a neon THATS NUTS!! hes running 8guage wire has a stock alternator and 2v preouts.

ive already run the 4guage power my deck has 4v preouts a 160amp alt and i think with 3 15s ill be happy.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ive got 2 solo xs

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have used all kinds of shit 10s 12s 15s & 18's and now i just want to beat the block so i use 2 zeuz 18s and they hit. i know a guy with the kicker 18's and they hit hard as hell.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got the 18s put in yesterday.....they hit very nice and loud, even through my firewall(backseat). the only bad thing is any part that could rattle is rattling right now....ill have to see what i can do for it, but the rattling sounds rather shitty.....

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is the only way the boxes would fit in my trunk....with the subs facing outside....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts