SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
He's got a convertible fellas. :)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin@Jan 11 2004, 12:46 AM
He's got a convertible fellas. :)
aha, missed that, lol that make's it a little bit more tricky...
guess it wont ever lay in the back then if you dont run telescopic's.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** I have 20 " big daddys as well but, I cant lay frame at all... I have a 13'' stack of spring in the front so it sits up a tad... I also didnt get the powerballs to go with it because I had already welded brackets for the use of rod ends..... The bottom of the bumper sits around 8" off the ground maybe higher but, Thats okay for me --- Maybe i will modify it to lay her down some more...... ;)
** i also have 14X7 reversed wheels that rub just a tiny bit on the insides........... You can never really get the impala to lay all flat -- they just werent made that way..... But if you raise up the front with the back down ------- SPARKIN !!!!!!!

Last edited by STREET SWEEPAZ at Jan 10 2004, 08:22 PM

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Jan 11 2004, 04:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Jan 11 2004, 04:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--STREET SWEEPAZ@Jan 11 2004, 04:20 AM

** i also have 14X7 reversed wheels that rub just a tiny bit on the insides...........
have you tryed 175/70-14 tires?[/b][/quote]
** Thats what they are ......... They only rub just a tad so im not worried ........

** As i meant for the layin total frame the front & back or the frame & body are higher -- you know what im saying here...

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Jan 11 2004, 10:41 PM

** As i meant for the layin total frame the front & back or the frame & body are higher -- you know what im saying here...
no im not really following you here... lol

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by WashPaChris 64+Jan 12 2004, 12:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WashPaChris 64 @ Jan 12 2004, 12:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Hi-Lo@Jan 10 2004, 01:39 AM
This 63 Impala from LRM has 20" cylinders and they don't stick out...

that one don't lay though, right?[/b][/quote]
it's fully dumped in the first pic. so no it dont lay. ...at all.
it's even higher than og.

Last edited by badass 64 at Jan 12 2004, 12:54 PM

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Maxwell has alot of spring there too... My cylinders sit about 2" above the rear deck.
The springs I have arent really funtional in my setup tho -- the 4" reversed cup that i made actually hits the spring perch before the spring could actually function..........

* I dont want to but , I might have to put in bigger springs like the 63 pictured......

*** As for the laying frame -- Nevermind........ ;)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Jan 12 2004, 01:28 PM
the 4" reversed cup that i made actually hits the spring perch before the spring could actually function..........
bring out the anglegrinder!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Jan 12 2004, 05:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Jan 12 2004, 05:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--STREET SWEEPAZ@Jan 12 2004, 01:28 PM
the 4" reversed cup that i made actually hits the spring perch before the spring could actually function..........
bring out the anglegrinder![/b][/quote]
I was thinking of it but, it would only increase the hight of the cylinder sticking out of the rear deck.......... I could also try & remount the rod ends lower in the trailing arm brackets -- I have rod ends too....... Im sure you use the BigDaddyBalls!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ+Jan 12 2004, 01:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (STREET SWEEPAZ @ Jan 12 2004, 01:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -badass [email protected] 12 2004, 05:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--STREET SWEEPAZ
@Jan 12 2004, 01:28 PM

bring out the anglegrinder!
I was thinking of it but, it would only increase the hight of the cylinder sticking out of the rear deck.......... I could also try & remount the rod ends lower in the trailing arm brackets -- I have rod ends too....... Im sure you use the BigDaddyBalls!!!!!!!![/b][/quote]
when it first broke out i had 20" competition cylinders and regular powerballs on it but those cylinders got too much bend so i got the big daddys and got rid of the bending problem still i had the regular powerballs so i machined up a pair of adapters to go in between the bigger big d. cylindershaft and the regular powerball, now i did my own trailingarms in 1/4" steel and i got the big daddy balls on them so i dont run adapters no more.

it sounds to me like your cylinders are sticking up strangely much cuz with 3.5 wraps of coil my 20" big daddys just poke through the rear deck like with the nipple -1/2" max!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** Like I said , I have little spring in there that dont even function -- I have them in there right now for looks basically....... The reversed cup that I made hits & prevents the spring from compressing any at all... BUT, I do have the remains of my 5 ton springs in there until I buy a set of 2 or 3 tons to add back there ....

** there is room to play around with so , Im not really worried ... It sits low enuff right now in the rear but, You always want to go lower.............

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Jan 12 2004, 02:11 PM
** Like I said , I have little spring in there that dont even function -- I have them in there right now for looks basically....... The reversed cup that I made hits & prevents the spring from compressing any at all... BUT, I do have the remains of my 5 ton springs in there until I buy a set of 2 or 3 tons to add back there ....

** there is room to play around with so , Im not really worried ... It sits low enuff right now in the rear but, You always want to go lower.............
im sure you'll be straight...

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Don't get me wrong. Max's 63 drop is a bad mama jama. It was ahead of its time for a crazy lock up and and still dumped down in the back. It just didn't bury down... But yet times have changed again and thats why he built the yellow 61 drop (again ahead of his time)....because he figured a way to get it buried and still have a great lock up. Thats what its all about....through the progression of time and experience a person learns how to make things work better. :)

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
Originally posted by big pimpin@Jan 10 2004, 01:19 AM
Nope...you won't be able to have the car sit real low. You will have to run a longer stack of coils in the back to get the cylinders from sticking too far up into the convertible top. They are starting to make telescopic cylinder which will solve this problem...but they are $$$. :cool:
you dont know what you are talking about we have 16s in the rear of our conv and the back bumper touches the ground and locks all the way up. some peoples kids damn.

oh yeah by the way just kidding

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo+Jan 12 2004, 11:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (showandgo @ Jan 12 2004, 11:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--big pimpin@Jan 10 2004, 01:19 AM
Nope...you won't be able to have the car sit real low.   You will have to run a longer stack of coils in the back to get the cylinders from sticking too far up into the convertible top.    They are starting to make telescopic cylinder which will solve this problem...but they are $$$.   :cool:
you dont know what you are talking about we have 16s in the rear of our conv and the back bumper touches the ground and locks all the way up. some peoples kids damn.

oh yeah by the way just kidding[/b][/quote]
18"s?????? :uh: :uh: :uh:

:cheesy: :cheesy:

21 - 39 of 39 Posts