LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, I am getting to the point to start buying my airbag management stuff. I will be running Firestone 2600's all around. A credible source told me to get a pair of Viair 450 compressors, using 2 - 3-gallon tanks w/ 3 ports each. I am not an expert in air systems so please bare with me.

As many of you know, you don't hop bombs like you do with mini-trucks and impalas (well, I certainly don't). But I would like to get a nice smooth quick lift and smooth drop. I won't be doing it constantly but enough to show my bombita can slam.

So, would the pair of Viair 450's be adequate? Or this 480 model I have been reading about? Thanks...

Aeroman

·
Registered
260 Posts
you would be better off running i multiport 5 gal, and 2 480's the compressors would be an overkill but you would be happy with results.. your tank would fill up quick. you could actually get by with one 480 but 2 is always better.

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by KONNECTEDKONCEPTS@Sep 11 2005, 12:14 PM~3793153
you would be better off running i multiport 5 gal, and 2 480's  the compressors would be an overkill but you would be happy with results.. your tank would fill up quick. you could actually get by with one 480 but 2 is always better.

Thanks. Are you referring to 1 (one) multiport 5-gal tank?

Where would you recommend I could purchase the pair of 480's? Thanks.

Juan

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by KONNECTEDKONCEPTS@Sep 11 2005, 03:14 PM~3793153
you would be better off running i multiport 5 gal, and 2 480's  the compressors would be an overkill but you would be happy with results.. your tank would fill up quick. you could actually get by with one 480 but 2 is always better.
The RIVI is BADASS

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
i was running 1 5gal multiport with 2 viar 450s and was not impressed at all. i would run nitrogen and the regulator will get it to go as fast or as slow as u want...and there will be constant pressure.

·
Registered
260 Posts
the only time you really want to run more than 5 gal if ur trying to hop ur car, 5 gallons is enuogh to get ur car up and down a few times.. especially on homies car i know hes not trying to be his car up, im sure he isnt looking to get off the ground, at least i wouldnt that car is too old and clean to beat up..

WE SELL THE VIAR 480'S FOR 235 A PIECE PLUS SHIPPING... CALL KONNECTED 909 483 0056

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
JUST SOMETHING TO LAY AND PLAY A LIL... TWO 480'S WOULD FILL A 5 GALLON TAN FROM EMPTY TO 200 PSI IN 3 TO 4 MINUTES.. THATS FROM COMPLETELY EMPTY...

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
Originally posted by KONNECTEDKONCEPTS@Sep 12 2005, 03:40 AM~3796589
JUST SOMETHING TO LAY AND PLAY A LIL... TWO 480'S WOULD FILL A 5 GALLON TAN FROM EMPTY TO 200 PSI IN 3 TO 4 MINUTES.. THATS FROM COMPLETELY EMPTY...
exactly....imo that's way too long.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but if I am not going to be hopping 30 seconds straight, just here and there, wouldnt the 450's be suffice?

Also, is there a way to quiet down the hissing and psshhh pssshhh when lifting/lowering? Thanks fellas, this is helping

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
Originally posted by Aeroman@Sep 12 2005, 02:43 PM~3798144
but if I am not going to be hopping 30 seconds straight, just here and there, wouldnt the 450's be suffice?

Also, is there a way to quiet down the hissing and psshhh pssshhh when lifting/lowering?  Thanks fellas, this is helping
yeah if u barley hit the switch it'll be okay. but get used to compressors buzzing in your ear. and for the hissing they sell mufflers and adjustable silencers/slowdowns for the drop.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by KONNECTEDKONCEPTS@Sep 11 2005, 11:37 PM~3796583
the only time you really want to run more than 5 gal if ur trying to hop ur car, 5 gallons is enuogh to get ur car up and down a few times.. especially on homies car i know hes not trying to be his car up, im sure he isnt looking to get off the ground, at least i wouldnt that car is too old and clean to beat up.. 

WE SELL THE VIAR 480'S FOR 235 A PIECE PLUS SHIPPING... CALL KONNECTED  909 483 0056

Sup homie , is that six four on air bags..??? if so how much do you guys charge to put that system in my six fo.??? :cool:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by 619SIXFOUR@Sep 13 2005, 02:42 PM~3807189
Sup homie , is that six four on air bags..??? if so how much do you guys charge to put that system in my six fo.???  :cool:
no it's juiced i know you didn't ask me but you can tell by the coils
and the fact that it's sitting 3

·
Registered
161 Posts
spending 570 bucks and having to wait that long viair blows fuckin balls trust me. go with a edc. no compressor is an overkill. you want air when you want air it pisses you off when you dont have it and some girl is like I wanna see.

·
Registered
260 Posts
KEEP UR RESALE VALUE.. STOCK OR BAGS DONT KILL THAT CAR WITH DROS.. DONT GET ME WRONG IM DOWN FOR DROS TO BUT ON CERTAIN CARS NOT AN OLDIE LIKE THAT...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts