LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 998 Posts

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here we go. i was bit by the bomb bug helping my friend Manny build up his 50 deluxe. after searching endlessly i finally found the car that i wanted. i with the help of DirtySanchez went up to the woods of NY to pull this one out and save her. i found the car on ebay and after bidding and not winning i got a message through ebay that the winning bidder was a deadbeat.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i paid 2300 for the car which i thought was a good price cause the guy said it already had a v8 swap and a rear end swap he said the body was solid and that the car has been sitting for 5 years but the car was started now and then. once i got the car home and really looking at it i realized it was in ALOT worse shape then i first thought.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
once i got the car here i wanted to see if i could get the motor running. first thing i wanted to do was get to the gas tank. the original was not there and they had a tank mounted in the trunk:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i took the tank out i saw the trunk floor was rotted and it was patched with sheet metal and was done really badly so i ripped everything out.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
next i wanted to see if i could get the motor to turn over. first i put a battery in it and tried to turn the motor and it didnt do anything

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i then pulled the starter out and tried to turn the motor by hand and still nothing so i knew something wasnt right. i pulled the valve covers off and realized why the motor wouldnt turn.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
once the motor was out and junked i decided to start removing all the trim and sanding the car down. at this point is where i realized I MADE A BIG MISTAKE buying this car.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
once the trim was off and i started removing the old paint i saw caked on bondo everywhere and really bad patch work and oh yeah rot EVERYWHERE

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:mad: damn push rods rusted in..... motor might still be rebuildable. will have to break it down more to see
i am not taking any chances i think this motor has a cracked block

1 - 20 of 998 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.