LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 998 Posts

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here we go. i was bit by the bomb bug helping my friend Manny build up his 50 deluxe. after searching endlessly i finally found the car that i wanted. i with the help of DirtySanchez went up to the woods of NY to pull this one out and save her. i found the car on ebay and after bidding and not winning i got a message through ebay that the winning bidder was a deadbeat.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i paid 2300 for the car which i thought was a good price cause the guy said it already had a v8 swap and a rear end swap he said the body was solid and that the car has been sitting for 5 years but the car was started now and then. once i got the car home and really looking at it i realized it was in ALOT worse shape then i first thought.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
once i got the car here i wanted to see if i could get the motor running. first thing i wanted to do was get to the gas tank. the original was not there and they had a tank mounted in the trunk:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when i took the tank out i saw the trunk floor was rotted and it was patched with sheet metal and was done really badly so i ripped everything out.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
next i wanted to see if i could get the motor to turn over. first i put a battery in it and tried to turn the motor and it didnt do anything

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i then pulled the starter out and tried to turn the motor by hand and still nothing so i knew something wasnt right. i pulled the valve covers off and realized why the motor wouldnt turn.

·
Doin Tyme
10,757 Posts
i remember seeing this one on ebay and you talking about picking it up. with the work your homie doing on there bomb i'm sure yours is going to come out just as bad ass......

·
Doin Tyme
10,757 Posts
i then pulled the starter out and tried to turn the motor by hand and still nothing so i knew something wasnt right. i pulled the valve covers off and realized why the motor wouldnt turn.
:mad: damn push rods rusted in..... motor might still be rebuildable. will have to break it down more to see

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
once the motor was out and junked i decided to start removing all the trim and sanding the car down. at this point is where i realized I MADE A BIG MISTAKE buying this car.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
once the trim was off and i started removing the old paint i saw caked on bondo everywhere and really bad patch work and oh yeah rot EVERYWHERE

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:mad: damn push rods rusted in..... motor might still be rebuildable. will have to break it down more to see
i am not taking any chances i think this motor has a cracked block

1 - 20 of 998 Posts