·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THIS WILL BE MY FIRST LOWRIDER CAR.

WHEN I PICKED IT UP IN LAKE PARIS, ORIGINALY A STYLELINE. CONVERT TO DELUXE

TOOK OUT THE 216 TO CLEAN THE BAY N DO WORK

I WANNA GET THE FIREWALL SHAVED

AIRCRAFT REMOVER AND A SCAPER(IT WAS A FUCKIN BITCH) IT LITERRALLY HAD 5 LAYERS OF PAINT. INCLUDING HOUSE PAINT
ALSO REMOVED ALL THE MOULDINGS AND REAR BUMPER

SANDED DOWN THE DOOR

AND PRIMERED IT

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Long story short I traded my first bomb for another one the same year and body style that was in better shape and was more complete.

Here is the new one.

I drove the car around for a few months, bought more accessories, parts, took it to a couple of cruises and planned the restoration.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car had little rust to the body but the rear floors were rotted out, the front floors were ok. The floors just had some tin foil shit screwed down so I stripped all that shit out and welded in new sheet metal I got from my welding class. I did most of my floors in my class bent and cut it to shape and tacked all around. It was my first time fucking with mig as my class is for structural steel and dealt more with arc. But it was fun and addicting.

also welded the pinholes outside the car. it was a bitch trying not to blow through.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once i started fuck with the sheet metal I got better at it. Learned how to run a mig and adjust wire speed and temp settings. bought my self a new miller auto hood and it was on!

I started cutting out the heater vents to shave the fire wall.

more free sheet metal i got from class

traced it out on cardboard and cut it out with my grinder and tacked it in

the cut out the other side

I welded it in with a lincoln 110 i borrowed from a homie since my professor didnt want me welding in my engine compartment at school. FUCKIN ASS! JK

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
see this pieces? they bolt on to the radiator frame

are they part of the inner fender or seperate? it been so long since i took mine apart i cant remember :(

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
some paint supplies I have waiting for the bomba

here are the pics when me n the homie started to strip the car down.

took off all the trim to prevent damage n to later down the road send to get polished

we removed the front clip and inner fenders to prep them for por 15

before

after wire wheel

did both sides

wire wheeled the fenders

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
painted inside my fenders with por 15

i grinded off the battery tray on the inner fender to get a cleaner look and shaved all the holes. im going to mount my battery under my passenger side dash

inner fenders still need alot of body work then primer :(

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had these pics on my camera but havent had time to post so i got a good amount to post.

here are pics when i took the motor out and got me a engine stand for the motor

uglyness but will soon look prettyy

better picture of the shaved fire wall :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts