LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided i was gonna try to document this build. i always admire the blood and sweat customs, and financially can only afford to be a blood a sweat builder. i have never owned a car in the fifties until now. i said i was tried and tested not seasoned and dipped. but anyway, i would like to thank in advance all of the riders who will play a part in this build. layitlow is an amazing resource for cats, and i have already gained alot of information and inspiration from cats out there. so here we go. i picked this 57 up in feb. of 2011. aint craigslist great.:thumbsup: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Coupé

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its gonna need some work, but over all shes a solid find. its september, and i got it in february. i havent even gone thru the boxes of parts to know exactly what im working with. i have noticed the big stuff. the car is missing the engine, correct transmission. trunk pan sheet metal, rear seat, and electrical wiring. these things have leaf springs on them! whod a thunk it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i got a chance to get the 57 painted. all i had to do was lose my 64 rag lincoln. shit was pretty tuff. i guess i had to bo gator the situation. its all jesus, ill get another.somday. maybe.not. thats her going to the body shop. Land vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Classic car

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is them both loading up to go there seperate ways. my shit better come home fuckin nice. that lincoln is in my to 5, but the 57 is in the top 3!;) Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Classic car

Land vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Classic car

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so now all the fun begins! i usually dont build a car from the outside in but the oppourtunity came so i took it. shucks a ***** aint been woorkin in a few. job markets funny in the town. either way ima try to make magic happen. what i want to concentrate on now is building the frame. i was thinking of going with a c4 corvette frame with the air ride setup but i want my load to sit like a lowrider. sometimes its all about stance. how you hold or carry your self or your weight. other times its about action. you know, what you can do when your challenged. well i want the best of both worlds. i want to drive it like im 15 off liquor and stole the goddamn thing and be able to sit like a lowrider. shockwaves dont seem to have the extension i want. so here, im stuck. im also looking for someone in the northwest familiar with updating these frames.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so ill be updating yall on progress in a minute. im pushing some other stuff to finance this baby. so seattle come get this shit! 73 blazer , 85 fleetwood coupe for sale! im also looking for a rear seat and trunklid for the 57. rear seat needs to be from a sports coupe. pm with prices.

·
Super Moderator
113,344 Posts
GOOD SCORE!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aint been here in a while. stopped by the autobody where its at, looks good. mostly stripped to bare metal. seems im gonna need a trunklid, trunk pan and passenger quarter. everything else seems in good condition. im kinda running six ways till sunday with projects. lotta people recomend i focus on just one, but whatever. ill get pics real soon. in the mean time ive stripped down the fleetwood, starting to strip the k5, started on 70 rag, and some more. a lil time and im gonna hvae sumtin 4 ya.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts