LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1958 Chevrolet Impala Continental Kit! Oringinal! Not from China! If you want to put a China piece on your 58 and bring the value of your car down then buy repro shit. Take a look at the pics! This Kit is going for $ 3700.00 or obo.










 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,464 Posts
Originally posted by romerorcs777@Mar 2 2010, 07:36 AM~16770506
1958 Chevrolet Impala Continental Kit! Oringinal! Not from China! If you want to put a China piece on your 58 and bring the value of your car down then buy repro shit.  Take a look at the pics! This Kit is going for $ 3700.00 or obo.









Where are you located?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
64,662 Posts
is it complete? do you have the spacers betweenthe bars? and do you have the cover that goes on the other side of the tire the 1/2 one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The spacers or wedges are in this kit, also have the copy of instructions. This is a nice original kit. I bought two kits one is on my 58 and this one I am selling. The only thing that this kit is lacking is "some" nuts and bolts.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,464 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Mar 2 2010, 09:34 AM~16771436
is it complete? do you have the spacers betweenthe bars? and do you have the cover that goes on the other side of the tire the 1/2 one
That was for 59's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,330 Posts
Originally posted by firme64impala@Mar 2 2010, 12:29 PM~16771908
That was for 59's.
I THOUGHT IT WAS BOTH KITS THAT HAD THEM?
MY 58 HAD ON IT, IT LIKE MY 59`S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The spacers or wedges are in this kit, also have the copy of instructions. This is a nice original kit. I bought two kits one is on my 58 and this one I am selling. The only thing that this kit is lacking is "some" nuts and bolts. The originals did not come with a back cover
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
795 Posts
Originally posted by MR.59@Mar 2 2010, 11:35 AM~16771972
I THOUGHT IT WAS BOTH KITS THAT HAD THEM?
MY 58 HAD ON IT, IT LIKE MY 59`S
I seen them with and with out the back cover, but what is the correct way?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
64,662 Posts
Originally posted by romerorcs777@Mar 2 2010, 10:51 AM~16772178
Without; the China repro's probably have them. That's China for you
repros are not made in china they are made in canada. and i know the OG 59 kits have them cuz they are shaped kida like the trunk lid and the canada ones r flat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I stand corrected, Sam from Cont. Enterprises can answer everyones question regarding if the 58 kit had a back tire cover. I would think the one that have a chrome ring are from China; but could be wrong.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
64,662 Posts
Originally posted by romerorcs777@Mar 2 2010, 11:39 AM~16772601
I stand corrected, Sam from Cont. Enterprises can answer everyones question regarding if the 58 kit had a back tire cover. I would think the one that have a chrome ring are from China; but could be wrong.
sam offers chrome rings are bare metal to be painted like OG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,720 Posts
i'm curious on this topic, i have an og kit on my 58 and dont see any evidence of the half cover,now on my 59 i had the half cover.i'll look in the accessory installation manuel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have check my kit installation direction and there is no back or half cover showing only the tire mount mechanism with the lever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,037 Posts
Originally posted by rag61@Mar 2 2010, 08:33 PM~16776515
i'm curious on this topic, i have an og kit on my 58 and dont see any evidence of the half cover,now on my 59 i had the half cover.i'll look in the accessory installation manuel
beleive the 59 has it bue to the trunk shape and the V exposing the back of the tire hence the cover for it to block the spare tire behing

:dunno:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top