LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a chassis i built for a friend for a 1958 chevy model car. it has 2 u-bars and predrilled holes in the chassis. it was built to keep the interior in the car also. its perfect for a 3 or 4 motor setup. also included with it are gold deep dish d's from hoppin hydros as well as the vogue tires. $28.00 for the chassis and wheels including shipping. thats a steal!i usually charge $20 for chassis like this alone!!! email me if interested, or reply on here. thanks ~JO$H~

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats nice, but most people dont have access to styrene, or have the time, patients, or skill to build a scratch built chassis. the styrene sheets cost me $4.00 apiece and then the brass for the axles is $2.00. the wheels and tires are worth about $14.00. so that only leaves $8... thats for labor and shipping ~JO$H~

·
Registered
18,607 Posts
not trying to dis you dogg...but backyard boogie is what im into... 2 bucks for brass bars....why not just use metal clothes hangers???? thats what i juse for u bars;.looks nice though

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
a sheet of any thickness of styrene at my hobby shop only cost 2 bucks, + one coat hanger 10 cents. And anyone who can use a boxcutter and isn't blind, can at least half ass their way through makin' a chassis work. it might not be perfect, but it'll work

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
holy crap josh uve been workin on alot of stuff! i want pix of everything that isnt on yur site! i like the chassis good work! i think its worth 28$ good deal

·
Registered
993 Posts
hey josh could u hook me up with one of those with 2,3,or 4 motors?

not built tho

just the chassis(wheels and u bars), motors, switches

i have the wires fishing line and kit

Last edited by lowcrome at Jul 14 2003, 03:37 PM

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
how much would it be all done with everything on it and 4 motors 4 switches?

·
Registered
18,607 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Jul 14 2003, 11:39 AM
a sheet of any thickness of styrene at my hobby shop only cost 2 bucks, + one coat hanger 10 cents. And anyone who can use a boxcutter and isn't blind, can at least half ass their way through makin' a chassis work. it might not be perfect, but it'll work
:cheesy: :biggrin: :) :twak: :thumbsup: :uh: :wave: :guns:

·
Registered
18,607 Posts
Originally posted by scrapin2low@Jul 14 2003, 01:06 PM
its a fair price, u got to think about the labor and shit, and i know josh, i have bought stuff from him, and ive been nothin but a happy customer!

-Pablo

OVER ALL- PRICE IS FAIR!
hell yeah its fair priced and it looks good too... but for someone that doesnt have the ability to build there own

1 - 20 of 36 Posts