LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have this part off a 59 four door hard top i found it goes bettwen the radiator and the crossmember its a 2 piece... i was thinkin of listing it on ebay but i dont know what its called???

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
was the car a small block or big block car? if it was a small block i could use this piece...

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
i do believe that the 6 cyl, small block, and big block drip pans are all different. im looking for a small block one for my 59, i need a good one to powder coat. can you measure the diameter of your gas line for me? that will tell me what size engine it had before, as long as the gas line is original...

·
BUILT AT HOME
13,503 Posts
Originally posted by LowRollinJo$h@Jan 17 2010, 07:08 AM~16315266
i do believe that the 6 cyl, small block, and big block drip pans are all different. im looking for a small block one for my 59, i need a good one to powder coat. can you measure the diameter of your gas line for me? that will tell me what size engine it had before, as long as the gas line is original...
i have a couple sets of these in my storage somewhere clean too!!

·
R-N-M Customz
20,904 Posts
Originally posted by tpimuncie@Jan 17 2010, 09:47 AM~16316084
how much?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by LowRollinJo$h@Jan 17 2010, 07:08 AM~16315266
it was 5/16 outer dia. on that gas line

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by tpimuncie@Jan 17 2010, 10:47 AM~16316084
is there a difference with the drip pan... in the line of the engine size :confused:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
my '59 had a 6 cylinder in it and i dropped a 283 in it, never even removed those pieces. So while they could be different, it required no mods for my swap. and the 5/16 line coulda been a 6 cylinder or a 2 bbl 283 (im pretty sure)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts