·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the first before pics, before i touched anything on it. for some reason had a shitload of bondo, im talking about almost a half inch of it

inside of door

bottom of door. usually this is one of the first to go

bondo just caked on the wings

under wings is straight

around the rear window and pillar solid not rotted

rockers and under wheel well

firewall

motor getting ready to be rebuilt

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the floors

like i said a shitload of bondo, but look at the quarters from the inside

spare wheel tub

license plate and gas tank tube housing, all the 59s i seen before this one had this rotted away

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
had good weatherstrip gutter, other 59s i seen had this gone too

almost a half inch of bondo

has allll the trim

has back window, was in trunk

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NOW time for me to get started and get my hands on it and start the restoration :cheesy:

at the truck and car shop, getting all the small things for it like door locks and the assembly manual

back from pomona, along with the guys i bought the motor im putting in it. they build derby cars, and when it comes to engines crazy white guys that build from home are best and cant be beat. theyre cars might not be that pretty, but run like a champ and kick ass

now at my buddies house where theyre going to dress it up really nice.

got the first accessory for it, skirts

and this friday met up with phil, guy in apple valley thats going to do the paint and body on my 59. so i finally got my hands on it, step 1, get that bondo off before it heads up to his house for the paint and body

remember i said almost half an inch of bondo, left a little patch so you can see

wasnt too worried because of condition of inside of quarters from trunk but was still worried about what was under all that bondo

not a damn thing, no rot so im very happy. look how the thing was down to bare metal, and the bottom of the quarters and rocker. and wings just had very few dings

thats what was done today, other side has less bondo than this side so im not worried. this was today step 1 day 1. ill post as i move along with it. as we speak the motor is getting done and on thurs goes out to paint and body and i get it back in 30 days. going with chevy blue body and white top and roof. ill keep posting till its completely done :yes:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fuck yea it is, its in even better condition than my 65. even if it had some rot it is still better than all ive seen at that price, trust me im very happy bro thanks alot you really hooked me up

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i accept tips
seriously you hooked me up. i have homeboys with 59s that came by yesterday cause they didnt believe there was nothing under the bondo. said in that condition i should have really paid about 12 atleast, not 8. one thing tho bro, hope its laying there or you have an extra one or can get me one. went thru all the trim, from the whole car its just missing one piece, one of the back inerior side panels trim that follows the one going from the door. its like a small curved spear thats on the back side panel. not the armrest one but the one on the panel above it. if its not layiing around out there, let me know if you can get another one or where i can get it. again thanks bro

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
1964 chevrolet
3,812 Posts
Nice I love the 59-60s todays car makers need to take some notes from some of the old schoolers

·
Solo Impalas
5,370 Posts
First of I like to say congratulations to the 59, I had my eyes on it for a while but I was to hesitant and since I live to far away I never had an opportunity to go check it out in person...

The previous owner wrote it was solid but if he would have taken more pics of all the places that you covered I think that the car would have been sold much faster cause it looks real solid!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
seriously you hooked me up. i have homeboys with 59s that came by yesterday cause they didnt believe there was nothing under the bondo. said in that condition i should have really paid about 12 atleast, not 8. one thing tho bro, hope its laying there or you have an extra one or can get me one. went thru all the trim, from the whole car its just missing one piece, one of the back inerior side panels trim that follows the one going from the door. its like a small curved spear thats on the back side panel. not the armrest one but the one on the panel above it. if its not layiing around out there, let me know if you can get another one or where i can get it. again thanks bro
i told all these fools that were askin bout the car here on lil that it was solid az car but oh well u snooz u loose glad u likes ray keep us posted on your build good luck

1 - 20 of 2106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.