LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I’ve been a long time member but this will be my first build I am posting. 1960 bubble top. Don’t know if it is an og 348 year but I’m hoping it is and the engine is rebuildable. Follow my build on YouTube as well. Subscribe too please!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I let the engine cylinders sit with penetrant overnight and no luck turning the engine by hand. I will hope to be able to tear it down and use it still. Also started removing the body mount bolts. Front one came out easy but the 2 back are spinning out. I posted a vid on my you tube where I’m at and how I’m going to remove them.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is where I’m at as of today. Tomorow will be hole sawing or cutting out a square to reach the body mount bolt nuts that are spinning

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn’t get too much accomplished today. The back body mount bolts are being a pita. There’s nothing for my to grab from the inside. I may have to cut. Anything anyone else has done please comment.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so I went out and took a little video to get a better look cause I couldn’t sleep and wanted to see exactly what I was dealing with looked like. It is a caged nut looks like. I’m thinking of cutting a square out a lil bigger than the hole saw and more In as I didn’t measure right and hit another brace but didn’t go through. But cutting the square so I can reach some needle lock pliers or to chisel out

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couldn’t get too much done today as my neighbor came out cause I was cutting and asked if I can stop for a few hours cause he was doing an exam. I did cut a square out tho Amd am able to reach the caged nut now. Just couldn’t try and impact it out out of respect for my neighbor. I also drained the Tranny fluid and engine oil. Tranny looked good. Engine was actually full of water. Clear water. Idk if it got filled up cause the carb was off Amd I take off just loose or what. But that bummed me out. Just gotta pull the driveshaft, disconnect the Tranny lines and engine is pretty much good to pull aside from the mount bolts. I may replace the pan before the bushings as planned but idk. Debating on that still. Bushings should arrive Friday. I feel I’d be more productive pulling and replacing the pan before the mount bushings they aren’t shot so I don’t think it will affect alignment of the body.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I cut the cage out from around the nut but it still spins even holding it. I’m going to have to cut the head but ran into one stubborn lug nut rounding off. I started hitting it with the air chisel but had things to do so I stopped. Once I get the wheel off I can have room to cut off the head. I am going to start practicing my welding so I can weld a new cage nut in.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I found these on summit. I’m going to order one to see if it will work looks like it will and uses the same thread 7/16-14.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I helped my pops out this morning but worked on the 60 a couple hours. Good progress. Removed all the body mount bolts from one side. And slid in the new mounts. Set the body back down. Just waiting on the replacement cage nuts to be able weld in and bolt down.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I worked on it for a couple hours today. Sprayed all bolts under the car with pb blaster. Removed valve covers, Intake manifold, radiator and ac condenser . Going to pull the driveshaft tomorow loosen the trans and engine mounts and it should pretty much be ready to pull. Hopefully I can use. If you see my video and pics you can see a bunch of crud in it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I worked on the 60 a bit after working on my driveshaft for my truck. Loosened the driveshaft bolts , carrier bearing bolts , Tranny mount bolts and one of the engine mount bolts. 1 more engine mount bolt and the 2 Tranny bracket bolts and it will come out. See my video below

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey everyone haven’t posted in a couple weeks. I broke my thumb :( and haven’t been able to do much. Decided to put in a lil work today. Got lower valances off, grill off, only have 4 more bolts for the radiator support and a couple more for the upper bumper filler. Then I’ll remove the fenders. I am bagging and labeling all nuts and bolts while I’m removing.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So today I got the radiator core support removed, upper bumper filler, and driver side fender. Also removed all moldings from fender and bumper filler. Fenders are super solid and so are the inner and outer rockers. Also found a lil homie hiding behind the fender tryna help me out lol

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Worked on it a bit today. Front bumper is completely off and disassembled. Pass fender is only on by the bottom stud. Gonna start on the roof moldings and door and quarter glass to get ready to take to my dads to sandblast.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts