LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought one of my dream cars. A 62 Caddy!! I need your ideas on tricking it out. My plan is to-

A: Paint it. I like silver with a black top but open to ideas. Even wild ideas.

B: Bag it. Just want to lower it up or down. Not hop.

C: Wheels. I like Wire Wheels a lot, but open to suggestions. http://www.hobbycar.com/cadillac.html

Please add pics to this post of ideas. Pshot are also very appreciated.

The first pics are of mine. The others are 61 and 62 ideas

Thank you for any help.











 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
CONGRATS ON THE ACQUISITION!! yours looks good original, but do what you want. definitely bags and wheels. keep your stock shit!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by sin187sin@Mar 4 2010, 07:05 PM~16799204
Your answer to C is 15 standard wires unless you do a disc conversion.  14's will not fit do to the BIG drums
I was thinking disks would be something I would do. Then I drove it and cant believe how good the drums are. So maybe down the road. I would go 15 or bigger.

Thank you for the pics and congrats!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by sin187sin@Mar 4 2010, 08:05 PM~16799204
Your answer to C is 15 standard wires unless you do a disc conversion.  14's will not fit do to the BIG drums
Missed this topic :happysad:
LOve to see more of these cars done up :cool:
And 14's do fit ;) The only issues is clearance on the skirts(you have to relocate the latches),my 14x6 z's clear no problem on my 61. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,110 Posts
I was wondering why more of these cars are not built.

After looking into it..trying to buy a nice project costs as much or more than same year impalas. Parts are harder to find as well..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,110 Posts
There are a few exceptions..just like getting lucky and finding a good price on an old impala.

Im on the trail of a nice priced 62 caddy vert..we will see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138,386 Posts
Originally posted by lowdeville@Dec 24 2010, 02:01 PM~19411656
Missed this topic :happysad:
LOve to see more of these cars done up :cool:
And 14's do fit ;) The only issues is clearance on the skirts,my 14x6 z's clear no problem on my 61. :cool:
those 60-68 caddies are absolutely badass built tradionnal lowrider style!!! We need to see more out there!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138,386 Posts
Originally posted by Maverick@Dec 26 2010, 12:22 PM~19422737
I was wondering why more of these cars are not built.

After looking into it..trying to buy a nice project costs as much or more than same year impalas. Parts are harder to find as well..
Mostly because parts are very hard to find and expensive to restaure them. I got a 65 caddy vert on the way getting done and they cost a grip to restaure...Starting to REALLY love 60-62 caddy verts now though!!! :cool:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by LuxuriouSMontreaL@Dec 26 2010, 11:46 AM~19422883
those 60-68 caddies are absolutely badass built tradionnal lowrider style!!! We need to see more out there!!! :cool:  :cool:  :cool:
:thumbsup:
Yeah,with next to no reproduction parts availible,it's much easier and cheaper to build a chevy,the reason why we don't see a whole lot out there. :(
 
1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Top