LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in an old street customs, that the de alba family had a 61 nomad wagon 4 door. the article kinda confused me as to whether or not gm actually make a 61 nomad wagon 4 door. if they did, what would make it diff. than an impala 4 door wagon? any ideas or pics?

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
they did, only difference is the trim. youll see many without many or any options at all, just the trim package.

G

·
nomad is a weird category.

on tri-5 cars it was a 2 door HARDTOP wagon, meaning NO window posts.

but in the 60's it was pretty much just a trim package. just like yoeman, bel air, parkwood etc etc.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Sep 18 2005, 11:32 PM~3840305
this is a nomad

ok, but the pic i saw of de'alba's nomad had 6 tailights in back. ??????

it was a street customs, oct 99 i think, it was on the cover.

G

·
Originally posted by westsidehydros@Sep 18 2005, 11:39 PM~3840347
ok, but the pic i saw of de'alba's nomad had 6 tailights in back.  ??????

it was a street customs, oct 99 i think, it was on the cover.

they customized it.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Notorious76@Sep 18 2005, 11:42 PM~3840365
they customized it.
ya know, that don'tmake it any easier to figure shit out !!!

anyway, are 61 nomads worth any value, or more importantly is the trim and "what makes it a nomad" worth anything extra? cause i'm gonna look at a basket case soon for cheap !

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
u can use 4dr impala trim on a 4dr wagon and make it an impala its real simple buy this one for 3,000 ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
than how come in the article, all they talked about was how rare a 61 nomad wagon was , and how it was "one of a kind"?

anyone know what i'm talkin about?

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Originally posted by westsidehydros@Sep 18 2005, 09:01 PM~3840493
than how come in the article, all they talked about was how rare a 61 nomad wagon was , and how it was "one of a kind"?

anyone know what i'm talkin about?

nomad wagons r rare but easily duplicated as it was mainly trim options heres another nomad

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
:0

Attachments

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Speaking on the topic of what GM made.
I have a pillared 1968 impala, some people call it a hard top meaning it's pillared. Where as pillarless was named as "sports sedan".
I was wondering if in the US you got a 4 door pillared "impala" in your 60s chev's? Or if Australian GM just imported the biscayne's etc and put impala badges on them? I still got 6 tail lights on mine as standard but from what I can understand, 2 door chev's were never sold new in Australia.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
In 61' the nomad wagon was top of the line. It was basically a nomad with impala trim. Some people call them impala nomads. In 62' the impala wagon became it's own line. Similar to the 58' bel-air impala and then became it's own line in 59'. :cool:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Originally posted by steeko@Sep 19 2005, 12:08 AM~3841178
I have a pillared 1968 impala, some people call it a hard top meaning it's pillared. Where as pillarless was named as "sports sedan".
Actually in the states we are the opposite.......meaning the pillarless(no post) are hardtops or sometimes referred to as sport coupe.
Pillared(with post) would be referred to as a sedan. ;)

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea !! anyway, i'm gonna go look at this bucket again. the motor runs, i know the frame is rotted, but he says its a posi rear. Is there anything that would be of value to anyone that i should look for? the car is fairly bad, but ya never know !

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by westsidehydros@Sep 19 2005, 05:52 PM~3844702
yea !!  anyway, i'm gonna go look at this bucket again.  the motor runs, i know the frame is rotted, but he says its a posi rear.  Is there anything that would be of value to anyone that i should look for?  the car is fairly bad, but ya never know !
Sure look for accy's...options...you know? :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE@Sep 19 2005, 07:29 AM~3841785
Like this u mean? :0
DAMN NICE

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE@Sep 19 2005, 06:38 PM~3845000
Sure look for accy's...options...you know? :biggrin:

yeah, i didn't really notice any the last time i looked. maybe power brakes n steering, but thats it. How bout electric window for tailgate? or the nomad quarter emblems?

o yeah, how many 61 nomad wagons came factory with a 409...

yeah right !!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts