LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
El ocho
6,593 Posts
Just caught this thread. Attached are a couple pictures of the 61 bagged belair I have been working on. Front tabbed shock towers. Running a RideTech air system, with RidePro digital controls .25 airlines. 16" Torq Thrust rims. Rear: CPP control arms upper and lower. Front: CPP tubular upper arms and stock lower.

I ended up smoothing out the spring pockets in the front so there was no chance of interference

View attachment 1219330 View attachment 1219338 View attachment 1219346
I recognize that elco....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm installing an accuair elevel on my 61. Does anyone have pics show in where they mounted the ride height sensor on the front and rear. I'm running stock arms and plan on installing front shock relocators.
Thanks for the help this is my first go at this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome info here! I'm very new to air ride but just picked up a 4 door 64 impala that I just want to put bags and wheels on. I know the route I'm going to take. EDC (Sanden, I've built EDC from a Sanden for my jeep before) with an 8 gallon tank and FBSS. I know I want to use SS bags but here are a few questions I have.

Keep in mind this is a budget build as its a 4 door

1- what size bags should I consider using? I want a fairly fast setup and will be using 1/2" valves. Who has the best brackets for said bags?
2- what valves and controls should I consider? It's a four door and I dont want to break the bank on a cheap cruiser.
3- would a y bone be enough to solve the pan hard bar issue. Any opinions and what one I should be considering? Ditch the sway bars?
4- lastly I want to run 14" wires. What size works best with a bagged 64? (14x7, 6, etc?) and what tire should I be looking to run so it'll all fit.

About me- I have access to a lot of tools and I fabricate custom motorcycles and parts for a living so fab work is nothing for me, I'm just super new to impalas and air ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks RobLBC that helps me a ton. I searched and searched on here and really couldn't find a solid answer. I hope this helps other new guys in the future!

·
1963 Chevrolet
1,375 Posts
Question, with bags do we have to extend the front arms?

·
INFO STALKER
29 Posts
has any one fitted re or ss 8's in the front of a x frame impala ? i know 7's fit no cutting, so im assuming 8's would fit with some trimming.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome old thread.. I just bought a clean 60 bel air by accident... I'm building a frame off 64 SS, rag conversion on juice now.... So this 60 is my daily and will be on air. Kit ordered and coming next week. Car is on my 64s 13" spokes for now. Going back to OG hubcaps when my Coker wide whites come in..

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey NFA any chance you could give us measurements on those shock mounts you made? I joined the forum because of this thread. I just got a 60 bel air that I'll be bagging in the next month or so. This thread has been super informative.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone still running stock sway bar while bagged?Starting on mine and not sure if I need to leave it or remove it

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have read leaving the sway bar will limit side to side movement but dont plan on using that so much just dont want the car to be all over the place when I try to drive it down the road I think maybe I will leave it for now

341 - 358 of 358 Posts