LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm redoing my 1964 Impala fuel lines. Mine was cut and spliced in like three different places. Question is can I just run braided hose from tank to fuel pump, because the stock was a pain in the a$$ to get out I can imagine what it would be like to get one in there? Please Help!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.........Also have a 64' 4-door for parts that I could pull the stock fuel line off, is there in adavntage in using the stock line or is it all pretty much all the same? If I use the stock does anyone a tip and installing the stock fuel line? do I start from front to back, or back to front?

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by One and Only 254@Dec 13 2008, 09:38 AM~12420235
Thanks.........Also have a 64' 4-door for parts that I could pull the stock fuel line off, is there in adavntage in using the stock line or is it all pretty much all the same? If I use the stock does anyone a tip and installing the stock fuel line? do I start from front to back, or back to front?
Buy a brand new reproduction fuel line.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.....I geuss my main question is what is the best way to install the fuel line.....Its like a 12ft hardline that don't bend, I now if anyone has pulled one out understands. I just figured a braided hose would be easy to install?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Originally posted by One and Only 254@Dec 13 2008, 09:27 PM~12423322
Thanks.....I geuss my main question is what is the best way to install the fuel line.....Its like a 12ft hardline that don't bend, I now if anyone has pulled one out understands. I just figured a braided hose would be easy to install?
i kno that wen i was lookin for fuel lines for my 59, the bigger diameter one came in 3 pieces rather than one long line, maybe its the same for the 64? :dunno:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, the Hubbard 3 piece might be the answer....I wish the picture was a little bigger to be able to see all what it consist of, it looks like it a piece going off to the left I don't know what that is? Mine just had the hose going from sending unit to hard line that ran all the way to the front to another hose to the fuel pump? Well I guess I will research that a little more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts