LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new at the hydraulics thing and i wanted to juice my 64. i live in ky and was goin to put in a 2 pump competition edition prohopper setup with 8 batts, 4 on each side. 8 in cylinders in the front and 14 in coil overs in the rear. 10 switches. any tips you guys could give me would be great. installation, pumps, dealers around ky, problems, etc. get back to me

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** CUT OUT - the center section of your X-frame.... batteries across the back are easier to get at ... the batteries on the side provide good weight distribution... But then the X-frame is a wonder for 3 wheel moves......... Get the cross member & the uper a-arm mounts reinforced, the frame too- where it runs from the engine bay , under the body & wheel wells.... How about the whole frame instead??? I should have just said that to begin with ...At least do the upper a-arm reinforcement & crss member --- Thats the whole reason I had to wrap my frame--- I cracked it at one of those points.....BOB_T

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
AND DONT USE THE SHOCK HOLE AS A CENTER TO DRILL THE CYLINDER HOLE IN THE FRONT SPRINGTOWERS. THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE A LITTLE BIT OF CENTER AGAINST THE WHEEL OR ELSE THE CYLINDERCASING WILL RUB THE BAR THAT HOLDS THE UPPER A-ARM.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by impala_631+Oct 10 2003, 04:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (impala_631 @ Oct 10 2003, 04:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Oct 10 2003, 07:02 AM
BOXIN' THE TRAILING ARMS IS MANDATORY ON IMPALAS CUZ THEY WILL SNAP IF YOU DONT. ;)
like this???? :0
[/b][/quote]
THATS WHAT IM TALKIN' ABOUT! ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
holy shit that sucks. i planned to have someone else install it and he said i needed rear humps a crossmenber reinforced and id be good. you say i need to box the trailing arms, ight. what exactly does that mean? remeber this is my first time. whats a slip shaft? is that the same as a slip yolk? what do they do?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how much does that cost or would you do it yourself? to box the trailing arms. how much does a slip shaft cost? also do i need to extend the a-arms if im not goin to be hopping?

·
Registered
139 Posts
just give Brent a call,from Real Customs.He will tell you what you REALLY need.All you have to do is tell him what you want out of the car. The # is 812-542-0377 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey i appreciate it. i should be installing all my stuff around feb cause the car still needs alot of work. i appreciate the info though. if i dont get an intire frame wrap would i be ok for hopping? not actually hopping just some occasion chipping mo more than 20 inches? with bout breaking anything

1 - 20 of 20 Posts