LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
3,991 Posts
I’m trying the best I can. I bought this car because I knew I could build it within a year and a half. I haven’t had a lowrider in a while and wanted to get back in the streets ASAP. When this car is done it will be easier to be patient building a 64 when I get one because I will already have something to cruise. The red rocket 64 really motivated me to build a show quality but traditional 64. I want to make a statement with the 64 like I’m making with the 66. I plan to have chrome undies, chromed out motor, and painted/powder coated frame... but it will still LAY. A lot of guys use a painted frame as an excuse for not laying their cars. I want to show people that ain’t no frame too pretty to sit on the ground. Shout out to dekay24 on here. He is building a Cadillac and he went out of his way to lay a painted, patterned out and pinstriped frame on the ground. That to me is lowriding.

I will most likely eventually sell the 66 to get a 59, 60 impala hardtop or a 57 bel air. I want my next car to always be better than my last. The car has sentimental value but I’m not married to it.
Im with you on that homie, I'm trying to get my 64 on the ground. I want to show its heavily influenced by the 70's lowriding style but a few modern touches like chrome undercarriage. This Covid shit has been killing me up here in Ohio, I havent worked on my setup since early march. My hours slowed down and my wife owns her own business so money has been slow, trying to just hold on to everything we have until shit changes. We have been "shut down" since the second week of March. I called Ron at Black Magic to get some chrome Ted Wells cylinders but he didnt have chome ones at the time. Its all about moving up, I started with a 84 Cutlass and now have a 64 Impala and want my next to be a 38 Fleetline. You have your head in the rite place homie, LIL is dead for the most part but I always stop in here to see your updates.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Im with you on that homie, I'm trying to get my 64 on the ground. I want to show its heavily influenced by the 70's lowriding style but a few modern touches like chrome undercarriage. This Covid shit has been killing me up here in Ohio, I havent worked on my setup since early march. My hours slowed down and my wife owns her own business so money has been slow, trying to just hold on to everything we have until shit changes. We have been "shut down" since the second week of March. I called Ron at Black Magic to get some chrome Ted Wells cylinders but he didnt have chome ones at the time. Its all about moving up, I started with a 84 Cutlass and now have a 64 Impala and want my next to be a 38 Fleetline. You have your head in the rite place homie, LIL is dead for the most part but I always stop in here to see your updates.
Yeah ain‘t nothin’ like a car that lays. To me a lowrider just isn’t a lowrider if it doesn’t lay. I’m sorry to hear the whole covid stuff is affecting you negatively. Hopefully things will pick up soon. There‘s been a proposal to possibly send us $2,000 every month for 6 months or until the economy picks up. That would help a lot of folks if it passed. It would help me get a 64 a lot sooner for sure. Can you run regular cylinders on a aircraft setup? I’ve always wondered that. I like the 47/48 fleetlines laid out on true spokes and skirts. Always liked the Tovar brothers builds. Yeah, LIL is dead. I just update this thread because I want documentation of my build.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,991 Posts
Yeah ain‘t nothin’ like a car that lays. To me a lowrider just isn’t a lowrider if it doesn’t lay. I’m sorry to hear the whole covid stuff is affecting you negatively. Hopefully things will pick up soon. There‘s been a proposal to possibly send us $2,000 every month for 6 months or until the economy picks up. That would help a lot of folks if it passed. It would help me get a 64 a lot sooner for sure. Can you run regular cylinders on a aircraft setup? I’ve always wondered that. I like the 47/48 fleetlines laid out on true spokes and skirts. Always liked the Tovar brothers builds. Yeah, LIL is dead. I just update this thread because I want documentation of my build.
You want to run super fats for aircraft setups. Up here in Ohio we were just told we are ready to open back up. $2000 a month would be a nice bonus if that worked out. I plan on keeping my 64 long term but want a 38/39 in addition, they aren't to expensive up this way so I think its a realistic goal. Its good youre documenting this, hopefully this domain lives on for a long time and someone 10 years from now can come back and get some useful information from this.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #86 (Edited)
You want to run super fats for aircraft setups. Up here in Ohio we were just told we are ready to open back up. $2000 a month would be a nice bonus if that worked out. I plan on keeping my 64 long term but want a 38/39 in addition, they aren't to expensive up this way so I think its a realistic goal. Its good youre documenting this, hopefully this domain lives on for a long time and someone 10 years from now can come back and get some useful information from this.
I always wondered if you had to run different size cylinders because of the difference in pressure. Yeah those 38,39 chevys are nice. I would love to have a 50s Chevy like this on true spokes and 5.20s. Me being the lowrider I am, I would even modify the front suspension to make it lay harder if the cross member isn’t already on the ground. I hope layitlow lasts but it may not because it doesn’t get traffic. I would like to research older topics for info on future builds. It‘s just too bad to see it dying. Layitlow used to be where it’s at!

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
So here’s what’s going on with my ride. I had a good experience with Wire Wheel King the first time I ordered some wheels but not this time around. I’m having a bad experience. It all started on February 22 when I emailed them asking if they were running any tax time specials because I was ready to order a set then. They never got back with me. I called numerous times and never got an answer. Then this month I called plenty of times again and never got an answer. Finally I left a message and said I was ready to order some wheels but had a question. I got a call back on April 14th. Charlie told me to email him exactly what I wanted. After deciding I wanted engraving I got an email the next day from Charlie with an invoice for a set of cross lace wheels and didn’t include the knock off hammer I said I wanted.
I emailed him back and reminded him that I wanted straight lace and all the other details and told him to email me back with another invoice and then call me so I could pay for the wheels over phone. Never heard from him again. I emailed him again and told him I was off work the next day and everything. Never heard back. I called and left at least 3 messages and included my phone number but never got a call back. I emailed him yesterday asking what was going on and that I emailed and called several times. Never heard back.

Yesterday I got so fed up I called Dayton ready to order a set but asked if they would chrome the spokes and Gary told me no and that was a deal breaker. I don’t want dull spokes.
So I called Wire Wheel King before they opened and left a message sayin that I was off today, tomorrow and Friday and wanted them to send me another invoice and that I preferred they call today. Never got an email or call.
So I called after they closed and left a message saying that I was disappointed with their customer service and that they didn’t get back with me and that if they didn’t get back with me by this Friday I would go with Dayton instead.

I remember when JD was screwing everybody over there were some cats on here that were lickin’ his butt to get wheels. I‘m not lickin’ nobody‘s butt nor am I gonna beg anyone for wheels. I really like Wire Wheel King‘s wheels more than Dayton but I’d rather pay more money for better customer service. Don’t like the idea of stainless steel spokes but oh well. Don’t have much of a choice.
If I don’t hear from Charlie by Friday I’m ordering a set of Dayton’s. Wouldn’t mind treating myself to some Danas anyway.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,991 Posts
So here’s what’s going on with my ride. I had a good experience with Wire Wheel King the first time I ordered some wheels but not this time around. I’m having a bad experience. It all started on February 22 when I emailed them asking if they were running any tax time specials because I was ready to order a set then. They never got back with me. I called numerous times and never got an answer. Then this month I called plenty of times again and never got an answer. Finally I left a message and said I was ready to order some wheels but had a question. I got a call back on April 14th. Charlie told me to email him exactly what I wanted. After deciding I wanted engraving I got an email the next day from Charlie with an invoice for a set of cross lace wheels and didn’t include the knock off hammer I said I wanted.
I emailed him back and reminded him that I wanted straight lace and all the other details and told him to email me back with another invoice and then call me so I could pay for the wheels over phone. Never heard from him again. I emailed him again and told him I was off work the next day and everything. Never heard back. I called and left at least 3 messages and included my phone number but never got a call back. I emailed him yesterday asking what was going on and that I emailed and called several times. Never heard back.

Yesterday I got so fed up I called Dayton ready to order a set but asked if they would chrome the spokes and Gary told me no and that was a deal breaker. I don’t want dull spokes.
So I called Wire Wheel King before they opened and left a message sayin that I was off today, tomorrow and Friday and wanted them to send me another invoice and that I preferred they call today. Never got an email or call.
So I called after they closed and left a message saying that I was disappointed with their customer service and that they didn’t get back with me and that if they didn’t get back with me by this Friday I would go with Dayton instead.

I remember when JD was screwing everybody over there were some cats on here that were lickin’ his butt to get wheels. I‘m not lickin’ nobody‘s butt nor am I gonna beg anyone for wheels. I really like Wire Wheel King‘s wheels more than Dayton but I’d rather pay more money for better customer service. Don’t like the idea of stainless steel spokes but oh well. Don’t have much of a choice.
If I don’t hear from Charlie by Friday I’m ordering a set of Dayton’s. Wouldn’t mind treating myself to some Danas anyway.
On the bright side Daytons hold there value better and the spokes dont rust. If the spokes get dull get out the mothers chrome polish and a small buffing wheel, they will polish rite up.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
On the bright side Daytons hold there value better and the spokes dont rust. If the spokes get dull get out the mothers chrome polish and a small buffing wheel, they will polish rite up.
Yeah they definitely hold value. I read up on their website that their spokes are highly polished and I’ve been looking at videos and pics of Dayton’s checking out the spokes. They look shiny enough to me. If I get them I’m only getting 4. Ain’t paying over $700 for a spare. Will just get a China for a spare. I hate to even do that. But at least the China will be where it belongs... in the trunk!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #92 (Edited)
In my opinion a lowrider HAS to lay... A lowrider ain’t a lowrider unless it lays :cool: I don’t know who these 66 Impala owners are but shout out to them for laying their rides low like it was in the old days...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,392 Posts

If you are having this much trouble getting an answer to spend your money with someone DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!! I have a wheel guy that's a stand up guy let me know if you need anything.... super quick turn around

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
If you are having this much trouble getting an answer to spend your money with someone DO NOT SEND THEM YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!! I have a wheel guy that's a stand up guy let me know if you need anything.... super quick turn around
Thanks for the offer but I really only wanted to go with Wire Wheel King or Dayton. WWK finally got back with me by the deadline, friday. He said he was out of town and will be back at the shop Tuesday, today. I took it with a grain of salt. We’ll see. I’ll give him a chance but I ain’t sweatin’ nobody for some wheels. I’ll happily go with Dayton.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Its all about moving up, I started with a 84 Cutlass and now have a 64 Impala and want my next to be a 38 Fleetline..
was your cutlass cut? If so, what kind of dumps were they? Did they happen to be deltas? I ask because I’m considering getting Adex dumps. I had Italian oil systems in my first car and loved them. They never gave me any problems. From what I heard they were the best dumps for the money. If they still made them I wouldn’t be considering getting Adex’s. Are deltas as crappy as people make them out to be? Don‘t want crappy dumps but don’t like the thought of my dumps costing twice the amount of my set up either.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I sent one last email to Wire Wheel King to respond by yesterday and they never did. Something fishy is going on. Charlie even told me that the chrome plater wasn’t working full time because of the covid-19 situation. I’m under the impression that they can’t produce wheels right now. If that’s the case all he had to do is say so instead of ignoring me and trying to stall time.

So I decided to order some Daytons, tires and my set up from CCE this morning. I called Dayton and an automated message said that they shut down production as of March 24 because of the Ohio lockdown. I was really disappointed. So then I called CCE and they are not answering their phone. They may be closed too. I guess it really doesn’t matter because on the site it said Marzocchi gears won’t be available until mid December and I wanted to go with #9 marzocchi gears in both pumps. I can wait on the set up but I gotta admit that not having some wheels is starting to get to me. I’m tired of riding stock. I did manage to order 9 Remington tires though. a set for some wheels, an extra set and the ninth one for a spare. On the bright side I did read that non essential businesses in Ohio will open back up on the 4th of this month. I’ll wait for quality. Once you’ve had a quality set of wheels you don’t want anything else.

·
I got the wildstyle
3,991 Posts
I sent one last email to Wire Wheel King to respond by yesterday and they never did. Something fishy is going on. Charlie even told me that the chrome plater wasn’t working full time because of the covid-19 situation. I’m under the impression that they can’t produce wheels right now. If that’s the case all he had to do is say so instead of ignoring me and trying to stall time.

So I decided to order some Daytons, tires and my set up from CCE this morning. I called Dayton and an automated message said that they shut down production as of March 24 because of the Ohio lockdown. I was really disappointed. So then I called CCE and they are not answering their phone. They may be closed too. I guess it really doesn’t matter because on the site it said Marzocchi gears won’t be available until mid December and I wanted to go with #9 marzocchi gears in both pumps. I can wait on the set up but I gotta admit that not having some wheels is starting to get to me. I’m tired of riding stock. I did manage to order 9 Remington tires though. a set for some wheels, an extra set and the ninth one for a spare. On the bright side I did read that non essential businesses in Ohio will open back up on the 4th of this month. I’ll wait for quality. Once you’ve had a quality set of wheels you don’t want anything else.
Im in Ohio homie and if there is anything i can do to help let me know. Im in Cleveland which is 3 hours north of Dayton and 5 hours from CCE. As far as Dayton they should be open on Monday but remember its usually a 6 month wait on Daytons. If you want Z's Mike @ Cadillac Connect still has a few pairs for sale. You can give him a call at the number below. I have a homie who just bought some all golds from him and they look sharp.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Im in Ohio homie and if there is anything i can do to help let me know. Im in Cleveland which is 3 hours north of Dayton and 5 hours from CCE. As far as Dayton they should be open on Monday but remember its usually a 6 month wait on Daytons. If you want Z's Mike @ Cadillac Connect still has a few pairs for sale. You can give him a call at the number below. I have a homie who just bought some all golds from him and they look sharp.

View attachment 2024701
Thanks brother. That means a lot. I’ll just call Dayton Monday and see what happens. I’m hoping that the wait won’t be so long because of this whole covid-19 situation. I’ve been looking at photos of 66 impala lowriders to stay motivated.

·
Registered
1987 Cutlass Supreme
41 Posts
Very clean ride man. I hope you finally get a set of rims that you really want, a lot of places are shutting down and you have to be patient unfortunately. It took me forever to get four tires. Keeping an eye on this build(y)(y)

81 - 100 of 133 Posts