LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Very clean ride man. I hope you finally get a set of rims that you really want, a lot of places are shutting down and you have to be patient unfortunately. It took me forever to get four tires. Keeping an eye on this build(y)(y)
Thanks for the love brotha. I’m trying to be as patient as I can but I want to hit the blvd on some spokes lol. Gotta practice more patience. Fortunately for me, buying tires wasn’t a problem. Just ordered them off eBay.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Took her out for a cruise today. Found some rust in the rear passenger quarter. Hopefully this can be cut out and replaced without replacing the whole quarter. I painted 3 coats of clear over it to protect the metal from further erosion until I get it fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I also fount this a couple of months ago in the passenger quarter wheel well. Can’t tell if it’s a defect in factory sheet metal or bondo. Whatever it is it will probably have to get filed down so the skirt mounting clips can go in place, any thoughts on what this is?

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I mailed the guy who’s name was on the title and we’ve been communicating by phone. He told me that the guy he got the car from told him at one point a tree fell on the drivers side fender and split the metal going down the side of the fender some time ago. He told me to pop the hood and look where the 327 badge goes on the inside of the fender. As you can see it was welded up and had bondo put on it. You can even see bondo caked at the top. You can’t tell it was damaged looking at the car from the outside but even still I will be in search of another fender. I want the least amount of bondo on this car as possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Those are all minor things, dont let it get you down. Just a good excuse to take the body off the frame and do a once over on everything.
Seeing this 66 made me want to do a frame off with a painted belly, powder coated frame and chrome undies.. I’ll just do a frame on build since I’m probably not gonna keep it. After all it’s just a 66. 66‘s aren’t as popular with lowriders as they are with the hot rod, low rod and restomod crowd so I‘m trying to build a quality car without investing too much money into it because I know I would lose more on the sale vs if it were a 64 or 63. Most lowriders who can afford to buy a show worthy frame off build aren’t gonna buy a 66. I would only do a frame off on 58-64 impalas and want to start doing that with my next car and cars to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)
Motivation!
If everything goes according to plan this is how my car will look by April/May of 2021 except with Daytons. PPG Willow green paint with re chromed bumpers, polished trim, NOS bumper guards, skirts and narrowed rear end to clear the skirts. I will order my interior kit along with interior pieces and hydraulics in December but won’t get it all installed until no later than the end June.

Attachments

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
3,991 Posts
Seeing this 66 made me want to do a frame off with a painted belly, powder coated frame and chrome undies.. I’ll just do a frame on build since I’m probably not gonna keep it. After all it’s just a 66. 66‘s aren’t as popular with lowriders as they are with the hot rod, low rod and restomod crowd so I‘m trying to build a quality car without investing too much money into it because I know I would lose more on the sale vs if it were a 64 or 63. Most lowriders who can afford to buy a show worthy frame off build aren’t gonna buy a 66. I would only do a frame off on 58-64 impalas and want to start doing that with my next car and cars to follow.
That's crazy, up here Ohio/Michigan area 66's are big lowrider cars.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
That's crazy, up here Ohio/Michigan area 66's are big lowrider cars.
Didn‘t know that, I’m under the impression that most guys will only buy a 66 because it’s usually a little cheaper than a 64 and if they‘ve never had an impala before and just want one. I would think that most guys who could afford to do so would buy a 64 or older Chevy instead.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Car is nice but I’m not a fan of all that engraving. Looks gaudy to me. It’s one thing to do subtle touches but I think a lot of guys who go overboard with it are gonna have a dilemma on their hands when 10 years goes by and that style is played out. Looks like it may be OG Marina blue paint but I can’t tell. I originally wanted to build a 66 impala in Marina blue paint if I got one. Here‘s what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
My favorite OG 66 Impala color has to be Artesian Turquoise. Here’s a good video showing the color and Artesian Turquoise lowriders. Would love to do a 66 rag in this color. I think a hard top would look good with gold bumper guards, gold touches and chrome and gold wheels. Although I don’t care for the color green, I like the color of my car and want to keep it the original color.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,392 Posts
I love the 66 it's probably my third favorite impala...however I am not a fan of skirts on them. I think they are to big.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #120 (Edited)
I love the 66 it's probably my third favorite impala...however I am not a fan of skirts on them. I think they are to big.
I used to not like skirts on them but they then grew on me. Gives it a more classic look. The only thing I don’t care for about the 66 Impala is the rear end. It’s kind of plain which is one on the reasons I bought bumper guards to give it more character. The 65 rear end has more character. Love the front end though, a lot better than the 65 in my opinion.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 133 Posts