LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1987 Cutlass Supreme
41 Posts
looks tight with skirts. I know what you mean . I was looking for a car to build and after about a year I settled. Then I started finding good deals on what I originally wanted. Your car looks good man keep pushing, Glad you got the set of D's

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
looks tight with skirts. I know what you mean . I was looking for a car to build and after about a year I settled. Then I started finding good deals on what I originally wanted. Your car looks good man keep pushing, Glad you got the set of D's
Thanks brother. I guess my situation was a little different. I guess got bored one night and typed in 1966 impala on offer up and this car popped up. I planned on just getting the car and flipping it. But after I lowballed him to $9,500 he wasn’t trying to hear it and I just paid the guy what he wanted. I was gonna just slap some 13s on it, cut it, sell it and then buy a 64 but I didn’t want to build the 66 with the interior looking the way it does and the other issues so I decided to do a complete frame on build. I’m gonna buy a 64 before I sell the 66. That way I’ll have something to cruise and not be waiting forever for a car. I know how that can be. Been there done that.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I was gonna have my tailpipes cut so I can roll with the front locked up and the back dumped through parking lots when it’s cut but I decided to keep them the way they are after seeing this pic. There’s just something cool about a car laying pipes.

Attachments

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
3,991 Posts
I was gonna have my tailpipes cut so I can roll with the front locked up and the back dumped through parking lots when it’s cut but I decided to keep them the way they are after seeing this pic. There’s just something cool about a car laying pipes.
Pipes out the back is a must (y)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Just had a $10,000 emergency/setback 😬 Oh well, will still try to have the car painted by spring.
Speaking of paint job, allow me to rant for a sec...

When it’s time to get my car painted, I’m only getting quotes from shops that specialize in hot rods and restorations. I know I can save quite a bit of money by going to a lowrider shop but a lot of these guys that own these lowrider shops are guys from the streets that don’t know how to be professional. Professionalism and quality work mean a lot to me and I’m willing to pay extra to get it. I’ve heard horror stories of the unprofessionalism many have had to deal with with these lowrider shops. Everything from having your car in pieces for years without touching it to smoking weed and losing parts. I’ve had my own bad experience with a lowrider shop. Things may be better In SoCal where there’s more completion, though.
I‘ve even thought about saving up and buying a 64 and shipping it out to Homies Hydraulics and calling it a day but building a car in another state has its challenges too. When I do eventually get a 64, I’m Gonna have a lowrider shop cut the car and build a bolt in battery rack and then take the Car to a hotrod/classic restoration shop to do the frame off. I’m not saying you won’t encounter unprofessionalism going that route but the chances are slimmer living where I live based on my experience and the experience of others.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #129 (Edited)
It’s so frustrating having to wait to have this car done. If my financial situation stays the same, this build is really gonna pick up between December and June. I plan to order the hydraulics, interior kit, interior pieces, suspension bushings and ball joints, weather stripping, sound system, color bar and everything else it needs besides the batteries in December to take advantage of any Christmas sales. I plan to have the car in the paint booth by March or whenever it starts to warm up next year.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I’m happy that I finally have an impala but I’ll be even happier when I finally get my dream car, a 64 hardtop. My plan is to immediately start saving my money to buy a 64 after I’m done building the 66 next year and to start looking for one in 2022 but have the money to finish a frame off build by the end of 2025. Having a done 66 impala to tip while saving the money to build a 64 will be the only way I keep my sanity. I consider myself a patient person but lowriding tests my patience like nothing else.
I understand that my financial situation can change because there’s been times when I had very little money and times when I had a lot of money but these are my lowriding goals that I want to see myself fulfill if I’m fortunate enough to do it. I have a vision of what I want my car to look like and I will be at a loss for words when it comes to fruition 😎

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Drops some knowledge about what we were talking about.

I got my China spare today. When I first opened the box and saw the wheel from inside the house I thought hey, China wheels don‘t look so bad after all. Then I took it outside in the sun... the chrome on the spokes looked good but I saw all the spots in the chrome on the inside of the dish that Caliboy talked about. You get what you pay for. Glad I spent the extra money and got Daytons.

Attachments

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
3,991 Posts
Looks goo
I got my China spare today. When I first opened the box and saw the wheel from inside the house I thought hey, China wheels don‘t look so bad after all. Then I took it outside in the sun... the chrome on the spokes looked good but I saw all the spots in the chrome on the inside of the dish that Caliboy talked about. You get what you pay for. Glad I spent the extra money and got Daytons.
looks good for a spare, shoot it with WD40

121 - 133 of 133 Posts