LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

141 - 160 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Been doing work around the house and hadn’t had much time to work on the car. I picked up the carburetor quite a while ago and put it on. Also later replaced the vacuum advance. The car runs extremely great now.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I had ordered some skirts, horns, horn relay, horn repair kit and horn ring from Impala Bob’s. They told me I would have the parts in a month in a half because they had to come from China. After it had been over 2 months I cancelled my order and went with classic industries since they had a way better rating and cheaper stuff.. I took advantage of their up to 20% off sale and was able to save $239.00. Not only did I order all the same stuff that I ordered from Impala Bob’s but more and all the stuff was in stock and was shipped out in 4 days. I’m very happy with that and will definitely be doing business with again when I order the rest of my interior pieces. Here’s a list of the stuff I ordered.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
I also ordered a ton of hydraulic parts from Hoppo’s and Black Magic. The folks at Hoppo’s are cool, do quality work and are always available to give advice but the shipping with both companies was outrageous. Didn’t want to spend too much money in a short period of time so I’ll hold off getting a setup until next month.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #146 (Edited)
Finally got the tires mounted, balanced and put on the ride. Now it‘s actually starting to look like a lowrider. I originally didn’t want to put wheels on the car until it was done... but Dayton has a three year warranty and I don’t want to waste a full year of the warranty with them sitting in the house in case some spokes get loose within 3 years of me rolling them. Plus tomorrow’s not promised.

Now with the wheels on, I’m starting to actually grow a love for my car. I’ve always liked 66’s but never loved them like the 58-61 and 63-64 impalas, mainly because the back end is no plain. The back end is starting to grow on me. I think it won’t look so plain when the bumper guards are put on.
Here‘s some pics of it with the wheels 😎

Attachments

·
I got the wildstyle
Instragram: Kiloz_One
4,056 Posts
Finally got the tires mounted, balanced and put on the ride. Now it‘s actually starting to look like a lowrider. I originally didn’t want to put wheels on the car until it was done... but Dayton has a three year warranty and I don’t want to waste a full year of the warranty with them sitting in the house in case some spokes get loose within 3 years of me rolling them. Plus tomorrow’s not promised.

Now with the wheels on, I’m starting to actually grow a love for my car. I’ve always liked 66’s but never loved them like the 58-61 and 63-64 impalas, mainly because the back end is no plain. The back end is starting to grow on me. I think it won’t look so plain when the bumper guards are put on.
Here‘s some pics of it with the wheels 😎
Bro that 66 looks good, i never understood why you talked down on that car so much 🤣. 66 look good and your 66 is a good example of a 66.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Bro that 66 looks good, i never understood why you talked down on that car so much 🤣. 66 look good and your 66 is a good example of a 66.
Thanks bro. I‘ll put it this way... I like 66’s enough to build one but not enough to drop serious money to do a frame off like I will when I get a 64 because a 66 is not a car I would keep. I will spare no expense when I finally get a 64 because I absolutely love that car. I’m starting to love the 66 more though.
At the end of the day I‘m happy with my decision to buy the car. It was the perfect project because it cost only 12K and I knew I could sell the 20” wheels for $1,000 and the stocks for $500.
It popped up at the right time because I was ready to have another lowrider and I knew I could build this car fast. A frame off 64 would take longer.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Gonna have to go to the muffler shop soon because I Bottomed out my exhaust and one of the braces snapped causing it to hang low on the drivers side. I managed to raise it up to drive home but don’t want to drive it again until I’m headed to get it fixed. Just gonna have them do as little work as possible for now until I have my exhaust reworked to clear the ground to lay frame when it’s cut.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
I was greatly motivated by this 66 from Majestics c.c to get one myself and do it in tuxedo black with black interior. I almost bought one I found 3 or 4 years ago on Craigslist in my area that had a fresh black paint job but found out it had rust holes in the trunk and the dude ditched the original bench seat for some ugly bucket seats so I passed on it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Just got some hydraulic parts in. Here’s what I ordered:

2 ton precuts (I already had the grey 1 ton precuts, just included them in the picture)
3 delta O-ring kits
chrome delta dump
6 accumax solenoids
green jewel tip switch extensions
2 3 prong Switches
2 6 prong switches
1 4 ft hose
1 15 foot hose
3 3/8 chrome check valves
presto-hi gear seal kit.

I know a lot of this stuff comes standard on a hydraulic kit but I wanted extra so I can work on my own rider.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #154 (Edited)
I also have some chrome 8“ and 10” cylinders on the way from Black Magic. I wanted to go with their cylinders for the triple ring seals.

On Hoppo’s website it said that the 2 ton precuts either come in black, red or raw steel depending on stock. I was hoping I would get some red ones. I’m debating powder coating all 4 coils red. I think it will look better against black painted suspension.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #155 (Edited)
I was gonna have my tailpipes cut so I can roll with the front locked up and the back dumped through parking lots when it’s cut but I decided to keep them the way they are after seeing this pic. There’s just something cool about a car laying pipes.
Gonna have to go to the muffler shop soon because I Bottomed out my exhaust and one of the braces snapped causing it to hang low on the drivers side. I managed to raise it up to drive home but don’t want to drive it again until I’m headed to get it fixed. Just gonna have them do as little work as possible for now until I have my exhaust reworked to clear the ground to lay frame when it’s cut.
I was gonna just have them fix the brace but I decided to get my exhaust reworked to clear the frame and rear end when it’s cut. No need for going to the muffler shop twice. I decided I’m gonna go ahead and have the exhaust tips cut because they are right under where the bolts will go for for bumper guards and there’s no way they won’t get crushed. Plus I don’t want exhaust pipes laying so low that it limits my range of motion and how I hit the switch. I wanted to keep them but I think it will be too much of a problem. I will try to get it done sometime next week. With the bumper guards it will be a clean look like this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I went to the local muffler shop to get my whole exhaust reworked but the guy told me he had lots of experience with lowriders and with Impalas you have to wait until hydraulics are on the car to see where you have to make the bends. He showed me areas like the pan hard bar that were close to the exhaust and that the car would have to be raised and lifted to see exactly how to make the bends. So I just ended up having him fix the loose exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
I decided to hold off on ordering a hydraulic kit maybe until next month because I want to focus on dumping money in my daily to make sure it lasts another 6-8 years. That way I can afford to build a 64 after I’m done having fun in the 66 before I have to buy another daily. I’m just gonna go with a basic 2 pump 4 dump kit. After that I will get my oil pan modified to clear the ground for when it’s finally laid on the frame and my horn working again. I really don’t like driving my car without a working horn. Then I‘ll be searching for a new drivers side fender.

Then I’ll wait until the interior kit I want is on sale and order it along with the rest of the interior pieces either on a Black Friday/cyber Monday or Christmas sale.
The plan is to have the car in the paint booth towards the end of April as long as there’s no hiccups along the way.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
NICE FIND! I would get a simple hydraulic set up. No more than 8 batteries 2 pumps and some clean Daytons. Simple and clean. You can't go wrong with a 60's Impala(y)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
NICE FIND! I would get a simple hydraulic set up. No more than 8 batteries 2 pumps and some clean Daytons. Simple and clean. You can't go wrong with a 60's Impala(y)
Thanks bro. I’m going with 4 batteries. I can’t see myself ever building a lowrider with more than 4 batteries. I like 48 volts because it’s trouble free. 6 and 8 batteries look better though. If I did do 6 or 8 batteries it would be 2 banks of 36 or 48 volts. I just slapped new Daytons on the ride 😎

141 - 160 of 167 Posts