LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
161 - 176 of 176 Posts
Thanks bro. I’m going with 4 batteries. I can’t see myself ever building a lowrider with more than 4 batteries. I like 48 volts because it’s trouble free. 6 and 8 batteries look better though. If I did do 6 or 8 batteries it would be 2 banks of 36 or 48 volts. I just slapped new Daytons on the ride 😎
Im running 24 volts to each of my motors, you are good at 48 volts. The front will snap anything over the the front end will be off then ground.

Discussion starter · #163 ·
Im running 24 volts to each of my motors, you are good at 48 volts. The front will snap anything over the the front end will be off then ground.
My Mark V had #5 gears on 48 volts and it was snappy. I could get the tires off the ground if I tapped the switch quickly and that car was VERY HEAVY. I’m going with #9 gears this time with 48 volts. Impalas are light cars so I will have all the speed I need. I don‘t like slow set ups but I don‘t like them so snappy that the front tires come off the ground with one hit of the switch either.

Discussion starter · #164 ·
Here’s some pics o
I had ordered some skirts, horns, horn relay, horn repair kit and horn ring from Impala Bob’s. They told me I would have the parts in a month in a half because they had to come from China. After it had been over 2 months I cancelled my order and went with classic industries since they had a way better rating and cheaper stuff.. I took advantage of their up to 20% off sale and was able to save $239.00. Not only did I order all the same stuff that I ordered from Impala Bob’s but more and all the stuff was in stock and was shipped out in 4 days. I’m very happy with that and will definitely be doing business with again when I order the rest of my interior pieces. Here’s a list of the stuff I ordered.
Here’s some pics of just some of the stuff I ordered.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #167 ·
So far haven’t I done much. I replaced the trunk lid trim today. Would have waited until it got painted but I got tired of looking at that ashy trim. Now All my trim matches. Also ordered this wheel “bag” to protect my spare from getting scratched up on the metal trunk floor. Should have some Black Magic cylinders coming in soon. Gonna to order some pre bent fuel lines today because I think my original ones are clogged because I keep getting trash in the carb.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #169 ·
Picked this up today. It’s a 2020 Honda Accord sport turbo 1.5 liter. I like the car and have been wanting to get it for some time now. This may slow the build down but will try to have my car painted next summer and hopefully cut the same year.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #172 ·
Went and picked up a front clip today. Got it for only $350. I just bought it for the driver side fender because homeboy didn’t want to part it out. I plan on selling the rest. Here’s some pics the guy who sold it to me sent me. The last picture is when I got it home and took the fender off. I tried to post a pic of the driver side fender after I had taken it off but couldn’t. Maybe I’ll do so later.

Attachments

161 - 176 of 176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.