LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been putting in work on my 1:1 68 impala....this past weekend i worked on the interior, starting off by completing my White gauges install by using the BLUE LED bulbs for the gauges. I started painting the dash with my future interior color (a lite tan)...also i ripped out the carpet to get ready for the new carpet. in the first dash pics i will show a "before" to after type of listing...hope you enjoy!!! its goin down this summa!!!!

before white gauges..

after white gauges..

after painting dash....

@ NITE:

Carpet Gutted:
New Carpet Sample:

painted my door trim
Before:Black

After: blue

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
been puttin in a little more work on the 68. started off by installing half moon headlight covers across the front, picked em up off ebay for about 20.00 new. whenever i removed the carpets there was a little surface rust on the floors but no holes so i was glad to see that. i ordered POR 15 which is a rust neutralizer. to do the floors i purchased 2 "super starter kits". i wanted to lay this down before my new sound deadner/carpet to avoid any rust in the future as much as possible. i belive the rust mainly started after i had my car painted. the guy who painted removed all my glass from my car and re sealed it after the paint job. ever since then, the front windshield (around the rear view mirror) had a little drip on rainy days/car washes. windows will be resealed within the next couple weeks to stop the leak. after that new sound deadner and carpet will be installed, which came in recently!!

before/after shot

POR 15

Carpet!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts