LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1968 Schwinn Runabout 16" Buildup

5K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  deville 
#1 ·

was up lil! this is what i've been working on. what do you think?
it's a 1968 16 inch Schwinn. Was really rusty and was a bitch taking apart.

See less See more
#5 ·
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Aug 18 2006, 04:01 PM~5996093
It drives me crazy to see you redo so many 16" frames and I have had mine sitting here for over two years.  :(

i've had alot of these for years and i finally said wtf its time to do what i said i was going to. i had to my family and friends thought i was crazy for collecting all of these rusty bikes. my collection is looking better and better now that ive completed a few. :biggrin:

#7 ·
i know...i've had a lil tiger hanging in my garage for some time now. i recently put rims with air tires on it so my kids could ride it. i dont like those hard rubber tires too many bad memories as a kid with those crappy tires on my bike. i could not go fast or keep up with my bros & sisters

#8 ·
Originally posted by schwinn1966@Aug 19 2006, 01:23 AM~5996257
i know...i've had a lil tiger hanging in my garage for some time now. i recently put rims with air tires on it so my kids could ride it. i dont like those hard rubber tires too many bad memories as a kid with those crappy tires on my bike. i could not go fast or keep up with my bros & sisters
Heavy lame ass solid rubber tires if you're actually gonna ride it :(

Sux for collectors like us that want to restore them cuz we gotta boil that shyt in water to take them off and put them back on the rim :(

#9 ·
i never knew how to take those off i would cut em with a knife :0

#10 ·
Originally posted by TonyO@Aug 18 2006, 04:37 PM~5996340
Heavy lame ass solid rubber tires if you're actually gonna ride it :(

Sux for collectors like us that want to restore them cuz we gotta boil that shyt in water to take them off and put them back on the rim :(
ill never do that shit ever again, my pixie comes with those fuckers im putting 36 spokes on whites

#12 ·
Originally posted by schwinn1966@Aug 19 2006, 01:44 AM~5996391
i never knew how to take those off i would cut em with a knife :0
Toyshopcustoms gave us the trick to doing that. Boil them in a big pot to soften the rubber then you should be able to remove them or put a set on

#17 ·
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Aug 21 2006, 12:41 PM~6010885
I thought you never did a lil tiger?
not a lil tiger.. them lil 10 dollar trikes.. i guess they are like 8's or whateva.. but i just say 12

#18 ·

almost complete :biggrin:

#21 ·
thanks! my camera did not take a good pic the yellow is much brighter...i'll take one in the sun tomorrow

#24 ·
yes it is powdercoat. i'm going to make one of those tools you have that is a good idea! :biggrin:

#25 ·

a little more progress :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.