LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 1970 impala ss and was jus wondering if any one has built one and if so post pics.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Jul 29 2003, 10:08 PM
i have one on its way here. is it the one that is red on the box?
if it is.... how's the kit look? is it a nice kit ect.

thanks man :biggrin:
dont kno if its the same one but the one i got looks like an ol school kit. its a 3 in 1 kit. hot rod, custom, and stock. i aint never seen these kits before and i got this one for free along with some more kits. i just wanted to see if any one had any coo pics of them cus im not sure how to do it yet. maybe candy green wit a white top.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
It's a pretty good model for being old (originally in 1970). Decent detail, fits good, biggest problem I know of is there's no master cylinder. I haven't built one, but I'm using some to restore and detail out some kits I'm working on. This one's not mine, but you get the idea

K. Diaz

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
here is mine picture a little bad focus but its my creation.

Last edited by cleverlos at Jul 30 2003, 10:47 AM

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
is the new 70 kit any good? i saw1 at the hobby shop yesterday and im thinkin bout gettin it if i dont spend all my money this weekend. on another note, i mixed a custom blue for the regals interior that looks hella good but i think i fukt up the front seats tryin to do the piping freehand. :uh: sorry bout the off topic......

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I think it's just a re-issue of the original que no??? I remember back in the 80's this was the kit to get because it came with the chain steering wheel!! lol. It's a nice kit though comes with some nice rims and hubs.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
Originally posted by abe0027@Jul 30 2003, 04:08 PM

looks coo. what color is that???
the color is a brandy wine i got from a homie when he painted his car ill try to get a better picture of it his week end.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Originally posted by endlesslove2@Jul 30 2003, 01:56 PM
cool. so should i get it? i gotta get a tire mounted this weekend but my boy works at sears auto so i might get it for free........so if i dont spend all my $$$$ i might be in the market for a good cheap model
It's really up to you homie...The one I have gives you three options, the stock, drag and lowrider. So you get the stock hubs that look like straight lace spokes. And I think there are two sets of 5 star spokes, like cragars. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by endlesslove2@Jul 30 2003, 04:03 PM
i agree. the rest of the car is hella nice but that bumper looks like str8 dog poo poo :uh:
dont get me wrong though, not hatin because its off a Chevelle or anything, because you all know that is more my style anyways ;)
even though the 66's are one of my least favorite years.
but that stuff looks better on the car it belongs on.

i do give props for "trying" to build something custom but that pretty much killed that Impala.

.02 :puffin:

·
Registered
598 Posts
lol ohhhh those dont come on the model?? i saw it n was like ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...lol I WANT A 72-75 IMPALA MODELLLLLLLLL come on mad modelerrrrrrr u noe u can find me oneeeeeeeee....lol

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
i have an amt 70impala model...just sitting here waiting for me to start on it....i dont really care for that model brand, not alot of parts & no frame :tears:

im still unsure about chopping the roof off...it needs to be a vert.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by 96 impala girl@Jul 30 2003, 07:59 PM
i have an amt 70impala model...just sitting here waiting for me to start on it....i dont really care for that model brand, not alot of parts & no frame :tears:

im still unsure about chopping the roof off...it needs to be a vert.
send it to me hunny and i'll chop it off for ya.
or i could always just show you how to do it and supervise you on it and walk ya through it next time you're here ;) :cheesy:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts