LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to the low rider scene, i was wondering if anyone had info on this. im building a 71 monte carlo just recently got it back from shop where they installed 2 pumps,4 dumps, 6 batt set up. its 8" tubes in front and 10" tubes in back(coil under). i was pretty upset that it doesn't sit as low as i imagined it would. i think it sits a "Little" lower than stock. when i asked my builder he said that he built it to have a good ride. i was a little confused by this. when i took the car i told him i was just looking for a lay and play set up. i wanted to be able to park car and sit it as low as possible to ground. he said that i could cut the coils and it would sit lower but that sounded kind of dumb to me ( Let me cut brand new coils ) what coils should i run on this car with the set up i have , if anyone can help id appreciate it. i called my builder to ask him what coils is on now but he hasn't called me back.. sorry

·
Super Moderator
113,325 Posts
You need to do an '06 frameswap and make sure it is a training day edicion special.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Run the car for awhile to break in the springs then cut a half turn off each spring until its low enough just dont go crazy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts