LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellow Lowriders

I am a lone wolf in this game here in bald prairie central Canada. I have no local support and need help. My car is a 1975 Olds 88 Convertible. I am having trouble setting up the rear suspension. I have 14 inch telescoping cylinders. Set up as coilovers. I have adjustable upper and lower trail arms and a chain bridge. I have also reinforced the frame front and back. I also have powerballs. I am wondering if I need drop mounts for the upper arms? How much bigger should the holes be in the bridge be than the cylinders themselves. I want standing 3 wheel and lay low. Dont need to lift the full length of the cylinders. Can anyone give me some guidence, pictures, links?

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Fellow Lowriders

I am a lone wolf in this game here in bald prairie central Canada. I have no local support and need help. My car is a 1975 Olds 88 Convertible. I am having trouble setting up the rear suspension. I have 14 inch telescoping cylinders. Set up as coilovers. I have adjustable upper and lower trail arms and a chain bridge. I have also reinforced the frame front and back. I also have powerballs. I am wondering if I need drop mounts for the upper arms? How much bigger should the holes be in the bridge be than the cylinders themselves. I want standing 3 wheel and lay low. Dont need to lift the full length of the cylinders. Can anyone give me some guidence, pictures, links?

Thanks

Hello bdeeks,
These cars look good, drop mounts would help make a stronger connection to the frame if you did a full wrap. As far as cylinder holes you want to be as close to cylinder size as possible to prevent horizontal travel. You could make the hole larger to make a sleeve and place PVC in side the sleeve to prevent the metal on metal squeaking that occurs with coil overs. Pictures below are pictures I found, the car seems to be on air though, not on that fluid. Post photos of yours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts