LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting ready to bag a 78 fleetwood limo. want to run nitrogen (cause i got the bottle for free). i am ordering the parts through my work which is a industrial plant and has nothing to do with cars, but i can get stuff at a killer deal due to the amount of parker valves and such that we use. need to know on bags, what type of firestone bags to run im guessing 2600lb. because of the weight of the car, but what part number for a fleetwood. and any fleetwood brackets or would i be better off making them. when im running from a bottle it would go: bottle to regulator to tank to valves to bags, or do i also need a pressure switch. this is my first bag project so dont kill me for asking to many questions, thanks a bunch

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
i would use something alittle stronger the 2600 firestones.dimention they would probably work, but i dont think their strong enough.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
they have 2800 bags or the triple bellows, you dont need a pressure switch if your not running any compressors, but i would run at least one for backup

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by yodawagon@Sep 13 2005, 01:01 PM~3805871
you wont be happy.
Like everyone else who gets air and finds out what they need to pay to make it play!

·
Asspirating Poster
3,677 Posts
I have a F/B set-up now and I'm bored with it. As soon as I get the time and funds, I'm completely redoing it, tho.

Not only are more moves more fun, but faster is always better. Go with at LEAST 1/2", or you're just asking for boredom to set in. Especially with a beast like that.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
you should do fbss. because the bags will transfer air from one side to the other. wont be good.
2600 will be good enought, i would use slams 3ply or conitechs 4ply. 2600x4=10,400 and 2600x2=5,200 they will pick up your ride no problem. and sence you are using nitrogen you will always have the pressure needed to lift the ride.
IMO, smc kicks ass :biggrin:

and just a side note, dont use something just becauses its free or cheap

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
u dont think fbss will break something being this car is so freakin long. also daul port or single. also are the diameters the same for all 2600 or do i need a specific bag for this?

·
Registered
161 Posts
definetly run fbss. run a dual 1/2 port contitech 4 ply. In my beleifes dual port is easier to plum even if runnin a single lift becsue then you dont have to urn a T for the dump valve. remember your ride will handle like total shit with fb.

·
Asspirating Poster
3,677 Posts
No... lol.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 14 2005, 08:01 PM~3816847
syte, does your ride handle like total shit?
is it what it could be? does it have the weight of a limo?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by 85rockerdraggins10@Sep 14 2005, 07:17 PM~3816473
definetly run fbss. run a dual 1/2 port contitech 4 ply. In my beleifes dual port is easier to plum even if runnin a single lift becsue then you dont have to urn a T for the dump valve. remember your ride will handle like total shit with fb.
how is running more lines and fittings easyer than just putting a T fittings holding the dump and lift together?

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts