LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a 1979 Cadillac Eldorado with a multiport 350, when i fire it up the car dies, and i gotta keep restarting until it gets warm enough to run fine.....i cant find a vacuum leak anywhere, wha can it be?

oh ill also add that the exhaust ripped off when it got caught on train tracks, and the air cleaner is off, but with no exhaust or aur cleaner it never did that.....any info would help

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
are talking about fuel injected cadillac? Check the Air Temp sensor that determines the temp of incoming air or the sensor that determines the temp of the motor, what could be happening is it is broken and sending a message to the computer that the car's engine temp is warm so it is sending less fuel, thus when the engine is cold, there is not enought fuel to keep it going. My Seville had the problem that it ran fine cold but as it warmed up it would flood.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by downsouthplaya@Jul 29 2003, 08:09 PM
its a 1979 Cadillac Eldorado with a multiport 350, when i fire it up the car dies, and i gotta keep restarting until it gets warm enough to run fine.....i cant find a vacuum leak anywhere, wha can it be?

oh ill also add that the exhaust ripped off when it got caught on train tracks, and the air cleaner is off, but with no exhaust or aur cleaner it never did that.....any info would help
[snapback]930315[/snapback]​
This was posted in 2003.......... I hope the problem has been fixed by now.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts