LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1979 Monte Carlo, and I just got the interior finished in black vinyl. The problem is that the bottom part of the rear seat doesn't lock into place. It just kind of sits there loose.

The guy that did the interior is no where to be found, and I need to fix this problem

Can anyone help me with this?

·
que..
12,562 Posts
Originally posted by KustomKreationz@Nov 14 2008, 07:09 AM~12154181
The guy either covered over the hooks on the seat bottom, or covered over the hooks in the floor with carpet. There is a hook on each side.
:cool:
:thumbsup: Yup :puffin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hooks on the bottom of the seat go into the slots on the floor, but they don't really lock into place.

The seat still moves around alot. Is there some way that the seat is supposed to be secure towards the back?

When I put the hooks in the slot, do I push back or pull forward? And are they supposed to lock into place, or do they just sit in the openings.

-Thanks

·
que..
12,562 Posts
I know the seat in my 79 Cut still has play, but is hooked..I thought it was how its supposed to be :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I don't know if it is supposed to be able to move around or what.

Maybe somebody can tell me if I am putting the seat in right.

I slide the bottom part of the rear seat underneath the upper part. I push hard enough to get those clips at underneath the seat to slide into the notches on the floor, and then the seat is supposed to be connected.

I don't know...Maybe my seat is just busted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found out that there are three metal straps on the back side of the rear seats. And some of them have holes in them.

I assume that they are supposed to be hooked up through the seatbelt bolts some how, but I don't know for sure.

Has anyone installed a rear seat like this before?

·
Registered
608 Posts
In my Buick the bottom or the rea seats bolts down to the same screws that anchor the seat belts. The bottom rear seats just slides in and locks into place.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
If its actually in the hooks it should be tight. I had times when I thought my seats were in the hook but they wernt.
It kinda chore to get them in there good.
1.Slide front seats all the way foward.
2.Lay on the rear floor with your back against front seat and push the bottom bar of that back seat back it will go in the hooks and be tight. Push on each side right where hooks are.
I see no reason that it will be in the hooks and not be tight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, do I just push until I hear a click or pop, or will there be no sound at all.

What about those metal straps on the bottom section of the rear seats?

I have taken out and put in so many seats in the past. I don't know why this particular seat is giving me so much trouble.

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by pv13@Nov 21 2008, 07:36 PM~12224778
So, do I just push until I hear a click or pop, or will there be no sound at all.

What about those metal straps on the bottom section of the rear seats?

I have taken out and put in so many seats in the past. I don't know why this particular seat is giving me so much trouble.
You'll kind of hear it pop into place.

As for the metal straps on the bottom section of the seat back, those go under the seat belt bolts that are holding the seatbelt boxes in place. If you don't want to mess with removing the bolts, you could just cut those straps off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts