LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT RELAY SWITCHES AND WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED ALSO WOULD THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY RIDE NOT TURNING OVER AT ALL PLEASE HELP

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,776 Posts
If you have an alarm, was it set?

Most cars do not use a relay to start. You have a starter solenoid, safety neutral switch, ignition switch, battery, wiring. Maybe something else, I forget.

You might want to connect a wire from the battery+ and then connect to the starter sol. This way you by-pass everything (except the sol.) On the sol. it does not matter which terminal you touch, if one doesn't work try the other terminal. Being a Chevy it will be the larger purple wire terminal. Make sure the battery is charged and all large cables are clean and tight, goes for the negative too. If the engine then turns over it's not the starter but something else, like the safety neutral switch, ignition switch, and starter solenoid, battery, wiring, etc.

Usually the engine will then turn over, but will not start unless you add voltage to the ignition circuit. Like turn the key to RUN

Please keep us informed on your progress.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts