LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I've got the stock suspension setup on my 1980 Fleetwood Brougham, and apparently it has the back air ride system (the back air shocks are supposed to have sensors to inflate and deflate according to how much weight is put on the back shocks... to always keep the car level). Anyway, the system's obviously not working, because if i put two people in the back seat and i drive every slight hump i go over on the street the whole back scrapes the ground, so i'm forced to have no one in the back seat, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a cadillac, but oh well.

Now i know it's the automatic inflating one, cause when i open the hood at the back right (by the master cylinder) there's two cylinder things, i assume one's the compressor, and one's the air thingy... what should i do to go about testing what's not working with the system? what should it do, when should it do it, and how can i look (without paying a fucking mechanic at $75.00 to fix it) and see what's wrong with it and what i need to replace?

Thanks a lot

Regards
~Lorenzo

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
Could be anything from a leak in the system to a broken compressor, to a blown fuse. the shocks could just be worn out, and need to be replaced. Check that out, if you want, you can do what a lot of people do and put in manual fill airshocks in the back and put a filler valve behind the licence plate.

geoff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts