LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 1980 Cadillac Coupe Deville. I got it REAL cheap and planned on selling it but it was WAY to solid. i assumed since it was so cheap that it was a POS, but it turns out the guy just didnt know what he had. It has the 368 with 90k miles and runs quiet and strong. NO RUST, but the paint was shot so im repainting it back to the stock color. Once its painted, i have a set of 14x7's that i put Caddy emblems in, that im gonna slap on it. Then im either gonna go a simple hydro set up or air. just something to get it off the ground for cruising. Here are the pics of the work ive got done so far.....more pics to come as i get more work done. The emblems and chrome wheel well strips are staying off. i like the cleaner look without them, and all the holes made by the emblems have been welded...NO bondo ANYWHERE on this car. instead of putting the caddy logos and emblems back on, im putting on "CRIME DEVILLE" emblems to coincide with our clothing line "Crime Shit Clothing". the only caddy emblems will be the ones on the wheels, the hood and trunk. let me know what you guys think.

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
14x7 wont tuck in the rear. you gotta get 14x6's for the rear and no bigger than 175 75's

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by LUXURIOU$LAC+Sep 23 2007, 06:04 PM~8854562-->
LOOKS SOLID, GONNA 90'd it?
[/b]
Thanks Bro. i thought about 90'in it....but i really like the OG look, thats why im keepin the stock color when we repaint it. its gonna be mild. just a CLEAN daily cruiser.

<!--QuoteBegin-pimpoldscutlass81 Yesterday
@ 06:13 PM~~
14x7 wont tuck in the rear. you gotta get 14x6's for the rear and no bigger than 175 75's
Are you serious? ive got 175/70/14's. Final Fantasy LA said they would fit no problem. i asked him if i needed x6's for the rear and he said no. with his feedback and owning a wheel shop i took his word for it. ive never drove wires before. i was always in a whip on 20's and bigger so i had no prior knowledge about what would fit and what wouldnt. DAMN....i hope for some reason MY caddy has a wider rear end (lol), cuz having to wait another 2 weeks for shipping to get the RIGHT size this time is gonna hurt. Thanks for the info Bro, im gonna hit him up.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks man.... yeah, too many half rag tops foaltin around. dont see too many hard tops. im keepin it OG besoides the suspension and the wheels. thats what i LOVE about cadillacs, you really dont gotta dress them up to nmake them look good...you just gotta CLEAN them up. ill post more pics as it progresses ;)

·
Registered
11,821 Posts

Looks like my old neighborhood, I grew up on 13 Mile and VanDyke :cool:

Originally posted by pimpoldscutlass81@Sep 23 2007, 08:13 PM~8854622
Not true all you have to do is bang in the inner wheel well about a 1/8 of an inch. Ive been ridin 14x7's for over 12 years with 70's and 75's :cool:

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Originally posted by Liv4Lacs@Sep 24 2007, 12:52 PM~8858998

Not true all you have to do is bang in the inner wheel well about a 1/8 of an inch. Ive been ridin 14x7's for over 12 years with 70's and 75's :cool:

yours are dayton tho arent they? the offset sticks in a lil more on a dayton than a china, its like a 14x6 instead of 14x7 even tho it says 14x7 daytons, thats what i hear anyway :cool: :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Originally posted by LUXURIOU$LAC@Sep 24 2007, 01:03 PM~8859051
yours are dayton tho arent they?  the offset sticks in a lil more on a dayton than a china, its like a 14x6 instead of 14x7 even tho it says 14x7 daytons, thats what i hear anyway :cool:  :biggrin:
Okay billy........ :uh: :biggrin: Here she is on chinas :( :biggrin:

·
Registered
21,876 Posts
Originally posted by Liv4Lacs@Sep 24 2007, 01:09 PM~8859079
Okay billy........ :uh:  :biggrin:  Here she is on chinas :(  :biggrin:

DAMN, :0 OK I WILL SHUT THE FUCK UP THEN! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Originally posted by LUXURIOU$LAC@Sep 24 2007, 01:12 PM~8859099
DAMN, :0  OK I WILL SHUT THE FUCK UP THEN! :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
:puffin:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Liv4Lacs+Sep 24 2007, 10:52 AM~8858998-->

[/b]

no shit? my brother stayed at 9 and vandyke almost all his life :) . But That pic was taken in St Clair Shores near 10 and harper. your caddy looks DOPE. is that a real Le Cab? might sound like a stupid question but i seen a coupe last year that a cat had cut and tried to pass it off as a LeCab. eitherway, its dope....always wanted a convertable coupe.

<!--QuoteBegin-Liv4Lacs
@Sep 24 2007, 10:52 AM~8858998
so i gotta bang in the INNER well? the part on the frame rail or the outter well where the lip is? seems like if thier gonna rub its gonna be on the wheel well lip instead of the wall.???? thanks for the info, just wanna clear it up. :) :)

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Originally posted by Fahm Joiner@Sep 24 2007, 01:18 PM~8859141
no shit?  my brother stayed at 9 and vandyke almost all his life :) .  But That pic was taken in St Clair Shores near 10 and harper.  your caddy looks DOPE. is that a real Le Cab?  might sound like a stupid question but i seen a coupe last year that a cat had cut and tried to pass it off as a LeCab. eitherway, its dope....always wanted a convertable coupe.
so i gotta bang in the INNER well? the part on the frame rail or the outter well where the lip is?  seems like if thier gonna rub its gonna be on the wheel well lip instead of the wall.????  thanks for the info, just wanna clear it up.  :)  :)
Most all of my familly is in Michigan. Ive got fam in St Clair Shores, Warren, Royal Oak, Roseville all over that area :biggrin: Ive been In Houston 18 years this week :0 HOLY CRAP!! Time flies, I took my LeCab to MI in 2004 :cool: Yea its the real deal ;)
As for the inner wheel well, yes the part you bag in is just above the lip. Most of the cars Ive worked on I leave the lip alone. there have been one or two that the lip did need trimming. every car is a lil different.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Liv4Lacs+Sep 24 2007, 11:30 AM~8859224-->
Most all of my familly is in Michigan. Ive got fam in St Clair Shores, Warren, Royal Oak, Roseville all over that area  :biggrin: Ive been In Houston 18 years this week :0 HOLY CRAP!! Time flies, I took my LeCab to MI in 2004 :cool: Yea its the real deal ;)
[/b]
:0 DAMN...must be nice having that sittin in your driveway.. hahaha. but Yeah, i got fam in roseville too...near martin and 94...im in Clinton Twp. what made you move to TX? Michigan economy is fucked right now, im thinkin of moving out also. Maybe AZ, dont know yet. Im a roofer, and i DOUBT i wanna roofing career in the fuckin desert...hahaha...so i'd have to find a new profession.

Originally posted by [email protected] 24 2007, 11:30 AM~8859224
As for the inner wheel well, yes the part you bag in is just above the lip. Most of the cars Ive worked on I leave the lip alone. there have been one or two that the lip did need trimming. every car is a lil different.
ill try it out. thanks for the info bro. ill keep the pics coming as i get work done

<!--QuoteBegin-81 FLEETWOOD Posted Today
@ 12:02 PM~
JUST CUT THE INNER LIP
yeah, ill try anything once..lol. just didnt know how big of a project it was. sounds like its not gonna be THAT big of a clearance issue. when i first heard it may rub i was thinkin the wheel well was gonna SIT on the tire. thanks for the info. car should be out of paint this week...more pics coming :)

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
Originally posted by pimpoldscutlass81@Sep 23 2007, 07:13 PM~8854622
i told you all you got to do is cut that damn lip bro..14x7 worked fine on my 82 coupe..and yeah it was juiced.

dont you roll standards on the back of yours??

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not sure yet....probably just a 2 pump 48v. i just want something simple and clean. im not into 3 wheeling or hoppin, i just want to be able to lay it down and pick it up to cruise.

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
well i guess everyones experience is different, i was rolling 14x7 chinas with 185 75's and even after i cut the lip off and banged out the wheel well it still rubbed, alot. i have 14x6's with 175 75's now and its perfect.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts