LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1984 cutlass, need tips on using this paint

476 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mi Estilo CC 
#1 ·
i'm fixing to paint my cutlass. i was wondering if anyone has any tips on removing and reinstalling the stainless "rocker" trim that runs from the front fender to the quarter panel? the very front pieces fell off because the plastic clips are broke. i didnt know if anyone had some useful info on how to remove the other pieces and how to reinstall them?

also i bought a paint kit, the paint is kirker ultra-glo acrylic urethane enamel black cherry pearl and i was wondering if anyone has used the kirker finishes and has any tips? the primer is 2k gray primer surfacer. i was wondering if maybe i should spray some black after i seal the car with the gray to accomplish a darker paint finish? the paint chip showing my black cherry pearl was very dark, it looked black. i am curious if the paint will come out this dark if i just spray it over the gray surfacer? besides that if anyone has any general tips for spray this stuff let me know. the kit didnt come with a base coat, its just the enamel "black cherry pearl" paint with flake mixed in and has clear with it. thanks!!! ~JO$H~

#4 ·
Originally posted by hosscutlass@Aug 31 2005, 03:23 PM~3728361
if you pull the chrome trim up from the bottom like slide it up the panel. the top will pop off then pull down to get the bottom off not realy that hard

Thats exacly how it was on the corner peaces of the last cuttlass I did.......

Except for the middle long peaces wich someone had glued them on :uh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.