LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so my buddy has a '84 Monte that hes finally gunna drop, and he decided on just chopping the stock coils. I dont wanna hear anything about "dont do it spend the money do it right" cause its not my car and hes already decided he just wants chopped coils. I just need to know How many wraps should be taken off (assuming its on stock wheels) to get the fender to be at the top of the tire. (as is ZERO wheel gap)

Also, when cuttin g a coil, do you cut from the top or bottom (and does it matter) and when cutting a wrap off do you cut it off below the end of the top wrap?

Need to know sooner then later, doing this at 10am tomorrow.

Tools: Spring compressor, angle grinder

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Nothing personal, just wondering out loud, but why do people ask questions about cutting coils in the airbag section? Seems like this happens quite frequently. Seems to me this would be more appropriate in Lowrider General, or even Hydraulics, since PEOPLE USE AND CUT COILS WHEN RUNNING JUICE, but airbags REPLACE THE COILS ALL TOGETHER!!! :0 Is the air section just where all the second-rate questions fall??? :(

Done venting.

Peace,
Jeff

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Air Suspensions
There are plenty of ways to put your ride on the ground. Topics in here range from high tech air bag systems to simply chopping the coils!

You may stand corrected. I agree it may make more sense4 to post this in a different forum, but the gods of LIL feel that this is the right place, most likely because they feel bags are second rate?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts