LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys! Heres my prob. I changed my oil last week and had no problems with the car until today. I wake up this morning and look under the car and I see no oil coming out the motor some im like ok cool. Then I start it up and all of a sudden I get little drips of oil at first and said ahhhh whatever when I pull up my driveway it will stop. Then I get back in the car and sit there for like 15mins then get out to open the gates to my drive way then I see a very large puddle under my car. I was like what the hell!!! I started tripin man! Then I pulled the car out the driveway and was thinking maybe if I change this one Valve Cover gasket that could be were its leaking from, well it turns out I change this Valve Cover gasket and its still leaking but not from the Valve covers at all. Then after I put everything together( In 30 degree weather) I was pissed to see my shit still leaking. Now I look under the car to see where its coming from then side of the Oil Pan down to the middle of the chasis. Now im thinking could this be my OIl Pump or could this be my Oil Pan Gasket...hmmm?? Well can someone tell me here or have any idea. Oh and theres no oil on the Manifold so I dont know what to do.

:(

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
It can't be your oil pump. Make sure your drain plug is tight and has a gasket. Also make sure your oil filter is on good and doesn't have a double gasket. If that doesn't solve the leak, it's probably your oil pan gasket. What kind of car/motor?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Originally posted by Individuals 85@Jan 7 2004, 07:51 PM
1985 Buick Regal V6 :biggrin: Thanks for the response!
Oops, I didn't read the title.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i didnt take time to read your whole post but it is very likely that your filter to block seal is leaking...either you had the old seal on the block and put the new on top or you cross threaded it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix@Jan 7 2004, 11:10 PM
i didnt take time to read your whole post but it is very likely that your filter to block seal is leaking...either you had the old seal on the block and put the new on top or you cross threaded it
hmmm.... that could be the problem I mean I got this car like 2 weeks ago and havent had a problem with it till now. I did change the Valve Cover Gaskets and havent had any leaks at all. Now if this is the problem the Block Seal how much do you think something like that would cost to fix and whats the procedure??

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
take the filer off again...on a 231 its right in front of the engine...look to see if there are 2 seals, one from the old filter and one front the new filter. if there is take the old one off and reinstall the filer hand tight... make sure you can "spin" the filter on...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I guess I got it all figured out! It was the Oil Pumps switch that is behind the actual oil pump. Real wierd but I got it fixed so I guess thats all that matters. Thanks GUYS!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts