LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wel i just bought a caddy today for 150$ my problem is it starts but only when giving a jump and then when i turn the key off the engine stays running for 3 to 5 seconds what could be causing that?

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
bad gas.. the car could be flooding its self.. And ur altornator might not be charging.. they got that bullshit external voltage regulator..

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
uh oh... I can hear the bandwagon coming...........

VVVVVVVVVV

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by look_what_i_can_do@Oct 4 2007, 12:45 AM~8928820
bad gas.. the car could be flooding its self..  And ur altornator might not be charging.. they got that bullshit external voltage regulator..
if a battery is bad it wont hold a charge no matter what though right? everything inside the car works lights the seats mirrors heat all that shit the head lights work to just no enough power to crank the engine untill i get a jump. would a new battery solve it?

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by lowridergod@Oct 4 2007, 06:19 PM~8932751
if a battery is bad it wont hold a charge no matter what though right? everything inside the car works lights the seats mirrors heat all that shit the head lights work to just no enough power to crank the engine untill i get a jump. would a new battery solve it?
If the lights shine bright, headlights, power seat doesn't "stutter", you may have a bad connection going to the starter, I would start there..

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i forgot the mention after i jump start the car and drive for half hour and shut it off if i try to start it right after it wont start again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts