LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybody be interested in a beater 1985 Caprice Classic?

I might sell my Caprice. Good, reliable daily beater. Runs well, but doesn't look pretty. It's a 1985 Caprice Classic, 305 V8, 4-speed auto. Just turned 100,000 miles. Recent cap, rotor, plugs, air filter, fuel filter. Oil changes done every 3000 miles (since I've had it anyway). Body is rough, with rust, dents, faded paint, and the front fenders are kinda rotten (I can get close-up pics). Undercarriage is rusty (typical northeast car) but solid. Interior is pretty clean, with the exception of the typical hanging headliner. It's no frills - manual windows and door locks, AM/FM stereo. AC didn't work when I bought it, so I ripped it all out. More HP, less weight baby! It's the hot rodders mantra! Heat/blower still works fine. It needs shocks (nice bouncy ride), brake pads (still stops fine, but the wear indicators up front are squeaking), and the exhaust is cracked after the cat (got that nice straight pipe sound!). It has snow tires in the rear.

Great winter beater, parts car, or project.

Any interest? Make a reasonable offer. I don't expect a grip, but at least fill the damn tank! I'd hate to see her go to the big junkyard in the sky when there's still some good life left in her.
Jeff

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by BLVDCRUISER+Aug 15 2005, 08:56 AM~3625818-->
where at in the NE

never mind boston MA
[/b]
Actually, the car is in North Jersey now, with me. But I do drive it back and forth to Boston, no problem. So I am closer to Ohio. ;)

<!--QuoteBegin-Foompla
@Aug 15 2005, 09:30 AM~3626029
what kind of mpg sucka.

how much for the caddy up front :cheesy:
This car gets about 16 or 17 mpg in the city, but most of my driving has been highway and I get 25mpg, even with my lead foot. It's a 4-speed auto with overdrive, so it's not too bad. :cool:

Caddy isn't for sale, but for the right price...... ;)

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I forgot to mention a few other things I did: New belts, new plug wires, new battery, new headlights, new other misc. lights.

I also forgot to mention that the front passenger door doesn't open from the outside because that pesty little plastic clip broke. The door still opens from the inside (not like any of you skumbags would open the door for anybody else anyway! ;) ), and all the other doors and locks work properly. I HAVE THE PLASTIC CLIP TOO! I've just been too lazy to pull off the door panel to replace it.

The bad stuff close up: Here's the lovely 80's paint job. Nice faded hood!

Attachments

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, the front fenders are crappy. Obviously it wouldn't be much to bolt on some junkyard donors.

Oh yeah, that hubcap fell off when I pulled up to the ATM, and just my luck it rolled UNDER the damn car! So if you reeeeeaaaally want a matching set of 4 hubcaps, I have some other Chevy ones that I'll gladly throw in.

Honestly, I was planning to make this thing nice when I bought it, but I decided just to drive it as a beater and focus on the Caddy. First thing's first!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 70 Posts