LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone, im just posting this to see what you all think i should do. i got this caddy couple months ago because i needed anything that ran decent and its served me fine for this most of the time( small problems come along the way) but im trying to decide what i should do with it. keep and fix up or sell and start with something else. here are the facts.

-307ci 4bbl carb engine but has ecu with sensors to control the carb. runs fine but has vacuum leak and map sensor needs to be rewired(last owner rigged another map sensor in the dash next to the ecu)
-200r4 tranny seems to shift fine
-need new front seats or redo them and the back seats(see pics)
-not alot of rust only on rear quarter seems where it meets the trunk and small amount in the door jam(see pics)
-needs new top
-needs some chrome trim around the rocker and wheel wells
-needs new shocks
-rear fillers

other than the vacuum problem happening the engine sounds good. slow as hell but good.

if i keep it, my plans are to take the 307 out and put a chevy in. paint,redo the top,redo the seats,engine swap, small juice setup and 14s. or i sell it and wait buy something a little newer( 91-96 caprice, 93-96 fleetwood,98-2000 tc)

btw it cost me $700

just want opinions :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i love cadillacs.. this one i like because i just got it a little while ago. i know once i start working on it and changing things to my style id love it cause i built it and its a lac.

·
The Great White Hype
59,428 Posts
Originally posted by CALVIN@Nov 13 2008, 03:57 PM~12146639
i love cadillacs.. this one i like because i just got it a little while ago. i know once i start working on it and changing things to my style id love it cause i built it and its a lac.
Then I think you know the answer :biggrin: ;) Post a bigger pic of your avi :biggrin:

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
I SAY FIX IT. AS LONG AS YOU GET IT TO RUN SMOOTH WITH NO PROBLEMS. ALL THE OTHER STUFF WILL BE EASY. MAYBE EVEN A 90D KIT IF YOU LIKE THEM. KEEP IT FOR AWILE GREAT CAR TO PRACTICE ON

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by KAKALAK@Nov 13 2008, 03:01 PM~12146670
Then I think you know the answer :biggrin:  ;) Post a bigger pic of your avi :biggrin:
will post when im home homie :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i might buy my homies 93 fleetwood so that also is an option. runs good but needs cosmetic work(lights,paint faded, seats ripped,ect). idk yet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts