LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, to start off I just bought my first ever car on hydralics. Before this its been either 4x4 suspension systems.... or air bags.....

Picked the car up for $500 cash so I couldnt pass it it... 1987 Chevette, with

CCE Hydralics. Car has been around awhile and owend by many ( jus tliek the one on bags we built... (can be seen here http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v135/4x4...4577_2_full.jpg )

Now I'm not new to chevettes, as my cousin and I alreayd did one up with chopped top and air ride..... and I also built one into a 4x4 offroading machine.... but when it comes to hydrolics... I'm totaly new.... seen them at cars shows but never had an up close look.

Anyone have info on CCE Products? I foudn the website www.coolcars.org but need some product reviews.

·
Man on a mission
54,029 Posts
i just threw up a little :ugh:

but i have to say 500.00 was prolly worth it just for the hydro's

G

·
Originally posted by D-Cheese@Aug 28 2005, 08:31 PM~3709111
i just threw up a little  :ugh:
but i have to say 500.00 was prolly worth it just for the hydro's

yeah, I threw up in my mouth a little bit.....now I got heart burn. :angry:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My thoughts on the cost of it exactly. but I ahve some obsession with chevettes evne I dotn understand so I like it.... piant, I dont agree with but what the heck.... we sold our chevette on bags for $4500 and it ahs sinc ebeen sold 6 more itmes for over 3k each time.... So I'm sur eI can make a nice chunk of profit by selling it out right.. I'll keep it atleast a year though... just to take to shows.....

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
ah man thats so funny. My boy in my club used to have one of those as a beater car. He cut the roof off of it and made it a vert....lol That car was so funny.

G

·
Originally posted by knight time@Aug 28 2005, 08:52 PM~3709196
ah man thats so funny. My boy in my club used to have one of those as a beater car. He cut the roof off of it and made it a vert....lol That car was so funny.

my homie cut the top out of one, and made a roll bar. :uh: he also had a hole cut in the hood with a air cleaner sticking out.

he used to drive it to the store and try to act all serious like he actually liked the car. lol, most of the time he drove it off road.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I think many chevettes have became beater cars... we ahd one we chopped the top on and welded the rear end up to take out in the woods.... good thing about them are, just about every demo season you can find spare aprts, and typicaly people will trade godo aprts for not so good parts.

Here is the one we built on Air Bags.... it was featured on dropjawmag a couple years back.

The 4x4, the first time I built it.....

and where I made it this time around before it got sold.

·
Registered
853 Posts
that thing is pretty funny lookin but id drive it post up more pics my brother said he knows ur 4x4 from four wheeling web sites he has a 90 cherokee and a samurai that he muds all the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll get some more photos of the green one when I bring it home.... kinda hard to get more pics of anything else.....since they are both sold....

I cant wait to get me a set of revfersed wire wheels for it!

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I remember seeing that on Ebay. I think some people were clowning it in Off-topic or classifieds. Well since your into those types of cars, its not so bad. Good luck and have some fun with it. :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah it was on ebay a couple weeks backa nd last week.... I bought it local though, after it didnt sell on ebay... 3 weeks ago it sold for 1300... and I bought it from that guy for $500

Chevettes are my thing for some reason so I like it..... and I liek the gas milege too

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Originally posted by Notorious76@Aug 28 2005, 05:55 PM~3709211
my homie cut the top out of one, and made a roll bar.  :uh:  he also had a hole cut in the hood with a air cleaner sticking out.

he used to drive it to the store and try to act all serious like he actually liked the car. lol, most of the time he drove it off road.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
:barf: NOW THA'S FUNNY I REMMEMBER DOES CARS...I HAD A BOY WHO HAD ONE WITH MAZDA RIMS OR SOME SHITT & HOME WOOFER BOX.. BACK IN THE EARLY 90'S..LOL.. :biggrin: BUT WE PICK UP LOT OF SHCOOL HONIES.. I GUESS HAVE FUN..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts