LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bags dont go as high nor are as fast...hydros have batteries and you have to reinforce the frame..so which one give me your input

·
GetDwn
1,503 Posts
hydros, yeh definately hydros.......but then again maybe you should ask someone in the Air Suspension forum....see what they say. :0

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
well in my opinion.....hydraulics lol......just my opinion though....even though i have an 89 lincoln towncar with 3 pumps and 11 batts....i guess you could bag it....but that would just be wrong.....the lincoln has one of the strongest frames of any 80s RWD cars...and is one of the few that are completly boxed in from the factory...no weak c channel like you would see on a gbody (caprice cutty regal) ....if you want just a street setup you dont need to reinforce...but if you want to hop or 3 wheel then you need to reinforce.....you most like will start out like i did......i only wanted front....then i wanted back..then side to side..then rolling 3...that wasnt good enough so i wanted standing 3....now i got all that but i want to hop now....its a bug..once you get it you just cant stop.....with bags they have a stopping point....hydraulics really dont...because you can change up your setup in so many differnt ways ..bags...well its FBSS and thats all you got...and it dont have the look or the power of juice....Plus youll get more respect from juice the linc rather than bagging it

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right now i just want fbss but since my car is from ohio shoul i reinforce..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey 89 tc how do yo use this messenger i cant get the damn thing to send anything

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive decided hydros no doubt

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Originally posted by 1989ltc@Oct 5 2006, 01:02 AM~6309409
ive decided hydros no doubt
:cool:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by slamed87lincoln@Oct 3 2006, 10:17 AM~6295659
.....with bags they have a stopping point....hydraulics really dont...because you can change up your setup in so many differnt ways ..bags...well its FBSS and thats all you got...and it dont have the look or the power of juice....Plus youll get more respect from juice the linc rather than bagging it
:uh: :uh: ok, its good to give advice, but when it starts to be untruthfull... its no longer any good. to say you cant change a air set up... is very wrong. so manythings come into play, placment and angles, lines size, pressures ( EDC, or HP air? maybe you make things happen with electric? Boost air systems) valves, reworking them. what happens when people ask to 3 wheel? whats everyone say "weight placement" so that seems to be the biggest draw back. and the fact of coming up with way to keep the air up which is delt with on tanks size, and the compressor systems i listed. its takes some talent and thinking to make it happen.
but i have done air :biggrin: it was fun, it was very reliable once i worked the bugs ( self control :cheesy: ) but i could hand a child my switch box and say go nuts. could you do that?
o well, im putting some pumps in the 80, so its all about what you want and willing to do.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey mark i still think hydros are sweeter though just my opinion and im with 87 linc theres more you can do by just getting a pump more and some batteries..less trial and error shit just alot of reinforcement and mulla...by the way i used to live in indy right down the street from the fairgrounds what part you from...COLTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
BAG'S are for ***'SSSSSSS!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by 1989ltc@Oct 5 2006, 11:41 PM~6316613
hey mark i still think hydros are sweeter though just my opinion and im with 87 linc theres more you can do by just getting a pump more and some batteries..less trial and error shit just alot of reinforcement and mulla...by the way i used to live in indy right down the street from the fairgrounds what part you from...COLTS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
:cheesy: yeah they going to the superbowl, then having it taken away by the steelers! :cheesy:

what ever makes you happy. i have my frame stripped down to nothing waiting on me to get my henrob and miller :biggrin:

·
SELL 0UT
2,737 Posts
honestly man.. If your in the hydraulics forum, everyone here is gonna push towards hydro's.. If you go to the airbags forums they will all push towards Bags.. if u want real advice just ask yourself and which ever u think will be better is what u run.. Neither the more dependable.. And you will have your fair share of problems out of both..

My advise to you is which do u think would impress you more.....

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
for me I got juice in my 1990 LT but not that I'm getting older and Lazier I'm thinking on switchin to air that way I don't have to worry about chargin batteries and oil leaks and also I don't hop the ride no more so I'm goin to air next year :cool:

·
EnViUs
22,931 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Oct 5 2006, 04:22 PM~6313370
:uh:  :uh:  ok, its good to give advice, but when it starts to be untruthfull... its no longer any good.  to say you cant change a air set up... is very wrong. so manythings come into play, placment and angles, lines size, pressures ( EDC, or HP air? maybe you make things happen with electric? Boost air systems) valves, reworking them. what happens when people ask to 3 wheel? whats everyone say "weight placement" so that seems to be the biggest draw back.  and the fact of coming up with way to keep the air up which is delt with on tanks size, and the compressor systems i listed.  its takes some talent and thinking to make it happen.
but i have done air :biggrin:  it was fun, it was very reliable once i worked the bugs ( self control :cheesy: ) but i could hand a child my switch box and say go nuts. could you do that?
o well, im putting some pumps in the 80, so its all about what you want and willing to do.
:uh: :uh: :uh: back at you.....i was never being untruthfull...decideing the size of lines or valves or differnt angles or placements isnt really that much of a challenge....and theres very limited things you can do to change any of it up...what i meant by ways to change was was to show off the setup like hardlines, more chrome, stainless lines, anodized parts, fancy racks, all the fun stuff you can do with a setup........with bags you can throw it all in the spare tire well and hide it all and not have to worry about shit and sound like a city bus going down the street when you hit the switch...i guess its just what you want.........lazy and annoying......or work your ass off to build a nice quality setup and dont make noises that cars shouldnt make going down the street.......leave the bags on trucks where they belong....

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by slamed87lincoln@Oct 6 2006, 10:26 PM~6322230
:uh:  :uh:  :uh:  back at you.....i was never being untruthfull...decideing the size of lines or valves or differnt angles or placements isnt really that much of a challenge....and theres very limited things you can do to change any of it up...what i meant by ways to change was was to show off the setup like hardlines, more chrome, stainless lines, anodized parts, fancy racks, all the fun stuff you can do with a setup........with bags you can throw it all in the spare tire well and hide it all and not have to worry about shit and sound like a city bus going down the street when you hit the switch...i guess its just what you want.........lazy and annoying......or work your ass off to build a nice quality setup and dont make noises that cars shouldnt make going down the street.......leave the bags on trucks where they belong....
my car as well as dans didnt make much of any sound close to a bus :uh: so once again there you go.
i have seen hardlines, stainless, ECT with air. and yes getting correct and geometery and leverage on things changes a bit.
sure you can put it anywhere, so can hydraulics. we all see the "import" with all his shit behind the bumper cover, looks like you can hind juice as well....whats you point?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
def9initely juice it its way more impressing...i looked at airbagit.com and they have a demo ...it just aint what i want...and mark the squeelers arent going anywhere this year..hey slammed 87 how hard are hard lines to make ...i see them on all the lolo they are sweet

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by 1989ltc@Oct 7 2006, 12:29 AM~6322661
def9initely juice it its way more impressing...i looked at airbagit.com and they have a demo ...it just aint what i want...and mark the squeelers arent going anywhere this year..hey slammed 87 how hard are hard lines to make ...i see them on all the lolo they are sweet
airbagit.com....bunch of crap :angry: they only have junk stuff. its just the AIM boys. people by a thousand names.
whats are Squeelers?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts